Distance and vision

TheMan

First Post
I don't know if this issue has been brought up before, so if it has please point me in the right direction.

I have a couple of questions:

What would be the range increment for an archer who has the feat Far Shot (+50% range) using a composite longbow (range: 110ft) of distance (doubles range).

Given that, are there any rules applicable to range and vision? I guess, first of all is there official maximum ranges for weapons? Given that it would be possible to fire a arrow at incredible distances, is their a penalty associated with how far a character is able to see? Thanks for any help.

Crothian

First Post
TheMan said:
I don't know if this issue has been brought up before, so if it has please point me in the right direction.

I have a couple of questions:

What would be the range increment for an archer who has the feat Far Shot (+50% range) using a composite longbow (range: 110ft) of distance (doubles range).

Given that, are there any rules applicable to range and vision? I guess, first of all is there official maximum ranges for weapons? Given that it would be possible to fire a arrow at incredible distances, is their a penalty associated with how far a character is able to see? Thanks for any help.

THe Range would look like this: 110ft for bow +55ft for Farshot Feat+110 for Distance special ability = 275ft. Each modification only applies to the base range never the modified range.

THe MAximium Range incriments for a bow weapon is 10 and 5 for a thrown weapon. So, in this case the archer could fire as far as 2,750ft a little over a half mile at a -18 penalty.

Vision is covered in the DMG.

Remove ads