Distant Madness

mort655

Explorer
Another question for RangerWicket, does the Distant Madness disease have any physical symptoms?

Is a psychological analysis necessary to diagnosis whether or not someone has the disease?

Can another PC make a Heal check in place of the Insight check at the end of every extended rest?

The plan was just that it made you crazy, not deformed you or anything. I suppose Heal could work if you want to spin it as psychoanalysis; the era is sort of equivalent to the late 19th century, so some proto-Freud wouldn't be out of place.

So yeah, do whatever makes sense for you. If you want folks to start sprouting tentacles from their nostrils, have at it.

mort655

Explorer
The plan was just that it made you crazy, not deformed you or anything. I suppose Heal could work if you want to spin it as psychoanalysis; the era is sort of equivalent to the late 19th century, so some proto-Freud wouldn't be out of place.

So yeah, do whatever makes sense for you. If you want folks to start sprouting tentacles from their nostrils, have at it.

Thanks!

I have one PC at Stage 1, and I have feeling it's only going to get worse for the party...especially in the Ziggurat of Apet dungeon.

I plan on giving out index cards that each have a single stage of the disease on it so my players will only know what happens at their particular level. Also, I feel I that it may spark some paranoia since the players may not know which stage their compatriot are at.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I was thinking of Insight for detection of Distant Madness. Maybe Heal for a full diagnosis and bonuses to save against the disease (although that could probably be done with Arcana too).

But I like the idea of an Insightful character picking up on the behavioural changes of his companions.

mort655

Explorer
I was thinking of Insight for detection of Distant Madness. Maybe Heal for a full diagnosis and bonuses to save against the disease (although that could probably be done with Arcana too).

But I like the idea of an Insightful character picking up on the behavioural changes of his companions.

I agree.

Insight would be a great skill to use to determine the change in behavior.

I wonder if Arcana can also be used to determine the presence of Distant Madness since it's mentioned to be a magical disease.

Remove ads