Divine Artifacts or Cursed Artifacts

Akira Whitlock

Explorer
Decided to create my first cursed artifact since i have not seen any others. Here you go. Other artifacts soon to follow.

The Heavy Handed Blade: This huge crimson bastard sword, adorned with intricate engravings depicting heroes and planes falling into void giving clues to its abilities. This +50 bastard sword has a base damage of 1d100 and increases by one virtual size category and doubles in weight (double double is quadruple) for every deity slain by the blade. This weapon requires a base strength score of 115 to wield and increases by 15 for every virtual size category increase.
Curse: Upon reaching 25 virtual size categories (or if the user is unable to wield the weapon) the weapon collapses space and turns into a black hole, consuming the user in the process (STR DC 500 to escape as an immediate action). Those who fail the DC are unable to take any actions and receives 10% HP damage plus 1d1,000 bludgeoning damage every round until freed or if the black hole is destroyed or the blade is disjointed.

Last edited:

This is badass actually. I like the blackhole effect but I think it should be untyped damage like the plasma and antimatter weapons in the 3.5 DMG instead of bludgeoning, but that's just me.

I'm curious, -if- you were to escape and somehow be immune to the damage and strong enough, say like a Timelord or a high powered Demiurge, and assuming the black hole it became is blade shaped, could one hypothetically grab ahold of the blade and use it still? And if so, what stat boosts would you see it having?

Good stuff btw. 😁

Akira Whitlock

Explorer
This is badass actually. I like the blackhole effect but I think it should be untyped damage like the plasma and antimatter weapons in the 3.5 DMG instead of bludgeoning, but that's just me.

I'm curious, -if- you were to escape and somehow be immune to the damage and strong enough, say like a Timelord or a high powered Demiurge, and assuming the black hole it became is blade shaped, could one hypothetically grab ahold of the blade and use it still? And if so, what stat boosts would you see it having?

Good stuff btw. 😁
I guess it would continue to be able to be used until it became to big of a burden to wield

Akira Whitlock

Explorer

Enūma Eliš​

Major Artifact (Stats for a lvl 20 deity)

𒂊𒉡𒈠𒂊𒇺 or Enuma Elish is a shortlance was forged from a brass orichalcum alloy giving the weapon a vibrant golden sheen. The weapons piercing end was replaced with a series of stacked rotating bloodsteel drums with advanced warp enhancements. When a divine being of extraordinary wealth wields this (Enhancement +6 Dispelling Burst +2 Nullifying +3 Phase Locking +2) weapon it gains an additional 4d6 against all targets with less total combined wealth than the user. As a free action the wielder may activate Ea’s thieving ability which allows the user to steal 1d1000 wealth upon contact with all successful melee strikes. The effect steals coins first, then gems, then art objects then magic items in that order.

As a free action upon striking a creature that has no wealth left the user may activate Ea’s Annihilation ability, at which point at which point the entire weapon is replaced by a terrible construct of absolute blackness. Every motion of the weapon bends light and tears apart anything it touches while attacks devour matter and energy with equal completeness, though the wielder remains unaffected. On a successful strike against a "broke" target, with Annihilation active the weapon automatically threatens at a natural 1 and once per day may unleash a barely-constrained destructive force of their weapon for a single heartbeat, making the weapon and its wielder the center of a howling vortex as earth, air, and and the target is dragged into the weapon and consumed. Targets must make a Reflex save DC 35 or be dragged in; flying or floating creatures receive a -8 penalty to this save.

Any object or creature that comes into contact with the weapon at this point must make a Fortitude save DC 42 or be utterly destroyed as described above. On a successful save, targets instead take 20d6 points of untyped energy damage. So long as they maintain a firm grip on the weapon, the wielder is immune to these effects.

Last edited:

Akira Whitlock

Explorer
Pagtulak Bato
Pagtulak Bato is a solid orichalcum metal belt that weighs 60,000lbs for a medium creature. The belt, encrusted with thousands of quintessence power crystals is augmented with an alteration coil and physical enhancement lattice.

The belt, when used allows the user to become a thunderous ball of solid orichalcum roaring across the battlefield, smashing through opponents and objects that lay in their path.

Once per day per divine rank the user may activate the belts juggernaut ability.

Juggernaut: With juggernaut active the user may spend a swift action during a bull rush attempt to increase their movement speed by 7,500 feet and gain dr 50/- until the end of the bull rush action. When the bull rush attempt starts, failing the necessary save is considered cascading allowing the attacker go continue charging and pushing the target with all other targets behind it. If a target succeeds against the bull rush attempt the attacker continues past to the next. As the attacker moves across the field, adjacent creatures and objects take 1d6 sonic damage per hd and are allowed a fortitude save or become deafened for 1d6+4 rounds being ripped apart by the sonic blast the attacker created.

Remove ads