• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Divine Disciple PrC

gamecat

Explorer
Can a divine disciple's(PrC from FRCS) extra domain be a prestige domain from DotF? I think it is possible, but I want to be sure.

mikebr99

Explorer
It's a Prestige Class... So any Prestige Domain available from your Deity would be available to you.

[edit] Just like the Contemplative... They are very similar PrCs actually.

Last edited:

gamecat

Explorer
mikebr99 said:
It's a Prestige Class... So any Prestige Domain available from your Deity would be available to you.

[edit] Just like the Contemplative... They are very similar PrCs actually.

The character who is a DD is also a contemplative...The only good clerics are the devoted ones.

mikebr99

Explorer
gamecat said:

The character who is a DD is also a contemplative...The only good clerics are the devoted ones.

heh... very true...

Is he really going for 5 domains? How in the world does he choose his one domain spell each day? I only have 3 domains and it is sometimes hard.

gamecat

Explorer
She is a sort of Dalai Lama of Pelor. A nonbeliever for much of her life, she met (and briefly romanced) a paladin and realized the Shining One's intent for her. She is basically the cleric's cleric, and having 5 domain powers kicks some serious ass. The extra selection can't hurt, anyway.

Gromm

First Post
Since most domains only have a couple of good spells, its not a bad idea. The best part is the domain powers, though.

GrassyKnoll

First Post
I have chosen the Divine Disciple Route, and will be following it with Contemplative once I hit 11th.

The Cleric domains come in very handy for picking up not only the feats/skills/abilities that come with it, but to aquire spells not normally alllowed to the Cleric class.

As for purest Cleric choice - definatly so, my fellow adventurers dont have a session go by without me shouting Gorms name at the top off my lungs!

And my weekly sermon is attended by all (but casting Unfailing endurance on them may be one of the main reasons...:p)

Remove ads