DM Rewards: Hommlet and Ship Tiles (Soilers)

Festivus

First Post
I'm kind of wondering what their next free adventure will be like. Will it be another re-working of a classic adventure? I'd like to see Tomb of Horrors, or the Temple of Elemental Evil (though I guess that would be too big for 32 pages).

My money is on "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh" :)

I hadn't realized they wanted us to update our info AGAIN, after I had just done it so that they could send me Hommlet, but I'll take a look and update again just to be safe.

Greatfrito

First Post
And I'm a little appalled that these two tiles are going for $41 on ebay right now. I hope wizards makes them available somehow for other people, because no tile is worth that kind of money.

Seriously. I was hoping / expecting something more akin to ~$20. But 40? Jesus. And it's not done yet. And that's not including shipping.

As is though, we've got the next two DT sets announced, right? So we're not looking at WotC even making anything similar to the ship tiles available until, when? After the "base set" of tiles? So, like, a year?

Really, it's just frustrating. It feels like they took one of the more asked-for tile types, and gave it out to a limited portion of the community (don't get me wrong, I'd be in the Rewards Program too, if I could). Though maybe the ebay prices will motivate someone over there to go "Holy crap, we could sell these!" [/whining]

EDIT: That said, for those with the tiles, how do they compare to this (linky) from Paizo? It's only the one ship, yes, but with four decks, my only complaint on casual inspection is the cannons.

I got mine this weekend.

If anyone from WotC is reading this, thank you for the little freebie/bonus

(I don't know how else to send a 'thank you' to the right people without actually calling and, well, I have phone-a-phobia :) )

No, THANK YOU for running D&D games and reporting your play!

Folks, if you haven't received your ship tiles or Village of Hommlet yet, just wait a few weeks before contacting customer service. They just started shipping right before Gen Con Indy, so they might take a little while to get to you. We will be able to fulfill requests for missing tiles if you scheduled, ran, and reported your 5 games within the 6 month timeframe (Jan 1 - June 30). But give it some time, since the mail can be a little fickle.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Got Village of Hommlet today, in Sweden. Didn't really expect it to show up, but it did!

/M

thalmin

Retired game store owner
That said, for those with the tiles, how do they compare to this (linky) from Paizo? It's only the one ship, yes, but with four decks, my only complaint on casual inspection is the cannons.
The tiles look realy nice, as you would expect. Quality is like all the other tile sets.
Advantages to the tiles:
  • Two sets, so able to have ship-to-ship
  • Long boat and rowboat included
  • Large ship can be single-masted cog or 3-masted caravel
  • 2 decks shown for large ship
  • Tile included with planks between two ships for boarding actions

The tiles look realy nice, as you would expect. Quality is like all the other tile sets.
Advantages to the tiles:
  • Two sets, so able to have ship-to-ship
  • Long boat and rowboat included
  • Large ship can be single-masted cog or 3-masted caravel
  • 2 decks shown for large ship
  • Tile included with planks between two ships for boarding actions

When we concepted the tiles and we realized we wanted to maximize utility, we wanted to make sure to deliver 2 sets to each DM that got them, so they could do either ship-to-ship with the big ships or have an above/below deck setup without having to flip the tiles back and forth. It turned out great. I hope we can give more of these one-sheet tiles out in the future with different useful images on them.

Greatfrito

First Post
I signed up remotely just this month: I went to the Wizards' FAQ page about that here; copied the list of required information into Notepad; clicked on the "Email Us" TAB below the "Wizards" logo at the top of the page; selected "WPN (RPGA/DCI) Players" from the drop-down list; selected "Membership Request" from the secondary (new) drop-down list; filled out the required data and sent it to them. That was Sunday, August 9, 2009; Wizards sent me my DCI # and password by email on Tuesday, August 11.
Once they send you your number and password, you can login at webapp and see about ordering RPGA modules and/or sanctioning your own home games.

Y'know, I -completely missed this post- somehow.

Thank you, tons! I've no idea why I couldn't find this before. Time to get myself (and my players) signed up!

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Folks, if you haven't received your ship tiles or Village of Hommlet yet, just wait a few weeks before contacting customer service. They just started shipping right before Gen Con Indy, so they might take a little while to get to you.

Fair enough. Thanks for the assurance. :)

Jhaelen

First Post
I just got it today - although going by the envelope, it seems it has been past NZ before coming to Denmark.. That's quite the detour there...

Either way, I am now a happy camper. Thanks to WotC and I hope you all get yours asap.
I've now got mine, too! Woot! Very nice poster map, btw. :)

Now if they only got around to send me the RPGA membership request forms I requested, so I can start collecting those DM points... It's bad enough I missed out on the ship tiles. I guess, I need to send them a reminder - again.

Remove ads