DM's Toolkit Program--NOW AVAILABLE!

Idabrius

First Post
Another note that I have noticed in my... er... contemplation of the program:

Some Paragon Paths have additional powers/abilities. For an example of this take a look at the Paladin paths. Is there any way to build in a "define extra" feature?

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
Idabrius said:
I did not imagine these mysterious files would be bulky SIZE wise, but rather unwieldy to locate and track. A single data-export data-load for, say, a setting or rules-group might facilitate in not having to hunt for "Dragonborn_feats_SettingName" or somesuch.
When I saw this comment, I was inexplicably inspired to double-check the save and load methods. Lo and behold, for some reason it doesn't want to load classes from outside that one folder, and the secondary save dialog to choose the location was not popping up. It appears I didn't compensate for the differences between running a program directly and running one from a .jar. Saving and loading to whatever location you want is now supported for the next version.

Halivar said:
Hey! I see you've written it in Java. I'm a C# coder by day, but back in the days of yore I made a living as a Java developer.

I also spent a few years as software QA, and I'm told I'm pretty good at breaking things. I don't know how closed the beta is, but if I can help, I would love to.
Another programmer! Excellent! You might also find something mysteriously appear in your inbox today, if I were somehow to mysteriously gain access to your email address.

Idabrius said:
Another note that I have noticed in my... er... contemplation of the program:

Some Paragon Paths have additional powers/abilities. For an example of this take a look at the Paladin paths. Is there any way to build in a "define extra" feature?
How perceptive of you to guess out of thin air that there are only 3 ability spaces! Well, I just got my books today (I've been working off preview material thus far) so I'll take a look at the paladin and see what needs changing.

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
So. Another 2 days without the GSL. Surprise surprise. Hang in there, guys; soon we won't have to have things most definitely not be appearing in inboxes.

jeixxon

First Post
Seeing as the GSL is taking forever to arrive I highly doubt I will see a copy of this, especially not in my inbox at ddrgamer AThotmail D0Tcom.

Siberys

Adventurer
Couple of things I noticed:

The output for races is wonky in that the power comes BEFORE the racial traits.

Abilities and other forms of input are a little restrictive. I was making 1/2-orcs in the program and couldn't get in '+2 to any other ability of your choice'. I suggest having text input available for as much stuff as possible.

There should be a way to format the text, overriding the default set-up. I wanted to italicize a power name when referencing it in a racial ability, for example, and could not.

Being able to save groups of rules, instead of individual rules-bits, would be great.

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
Siberys said:
Couple of things I noticed:

The output for races is wonky in that the power comes BEFORE the racial traits.

I'll fix that.

Abilities and other forms of input are a little restrictive. I was making 1/2-orcs in the program and couldn't get in '+2 to any other ability of your choice'. I suggest having text input available for as much stuff as possible.

One of the options in the ability box is "Any," which is what I think you wanted--"+2 Str, +2 Any" for example.

There should be a way to format the text, overriding the default set-up. I wanted to italicize a power name when referencing it in a racial ability, for example, and could not.

I'll see what I can do.

Being able to save groups of rules, instead of individual rules-bits, would be great.

What exactly do you mean by "individual rules-bits"?

jonjorgensen

First Post
Just a thought...

If an email addresss (jonjorgensen@mac.com) suddenly appeared on this forum for no reason, I think the reciever would in no way hope for an email containing a beta version of some strange DND or something or other supposed creation engine. Its not like the supposed email recipient has been waiting patiently for "They Who Dwell by the Sea" to do something similar and is getting irritated with their ineptitude.

Just a thought...

Remove ads