• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DMs, What Are Your Top 3 Favorite Non-Core Books?

Darke

First Post
Iron Kingdom
Monster's Handbook
d20 modern

(Midnight, Dark Inheritance, Armageddon, Babylon5 - not arrived yet or will be published later - some or all of them can make the top me thinks)

das Darke

Ron

Explorer
I don't usually find supplements to be of much use. Most of them, such as Wizards' splat books, are composed of unbalanced options or questionable quality, such as Mongoose's Slayer's series. In the end, there are very few products that I really like, some, such as the Manual of Planes, were a nice read, but I don't have much to take from it, as I don't even use the pre-made planes and I prefer to homebrew my own cosmology -- MoP rules in this regard aren't bad, but they are kind of obvious, once you read them there's no reason to look it back. Others, such as FFG's Seafarer Handbook, are well done, but not of much value to someone who already understand of ships and sailing. As such, after much consideration, I will leave two slots free.:(

1. Oriental Adventures
2. Yet to be published
3. Yet to be published

Nellisir

Hero
1. Oriental Adventures (& Rokugan)
2. Magic of Faerun
3. Fiend Folio (there's alot I'm liking about this book...)

On a side note, the Epic Levels Handbook has only made one appearance on this list so far, but OA has made quite a few. Hurry up and release the Oriental Adventures System Reference Document already!!!

Clint

Journeyman Linguist
Rather than list my favorites, I'll list what we're actually using in our campaign:

Book of the Righteous (the fourth core book in our game)
Books of Eldritch Might (character classes, spells)
Path of Magic (one prestige class)
Banewarrens (setting, adventure)

That's it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads