• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DMs, What Are Your Top 3 Favorite Non-Core Books?

A'koss

Explorer
The Manual of the Planes and... uh, hmmm... what else.... some of the content in the Epic Level Handbook and Savage Species I guess would be my next pics. I've just bought the Fiend Folio though and after a cursory look I'm quite liking it as well.

That said, by the sound of it I could easily see the Mini's Handbook and the Complete Warrior make this list by the end of the year. :D

Cheers,

A'koss.

Carnifex

First Post
Manual of the Planes
Monsternomicon
Planescape setting (I know it's 2e but it's a pretty important thing for Planescape campaigns ;) )

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
3? Only 3? But, but,... alright.

Defining "core" as anything in the SRD, and keeping it focused on 3e:

Book of Hallowed Might, Malhavoc
Legions of Hell/Armies of the Abyss, Green Ronin
All of the various Counter Collections, Fiery Dragon

These are just about the only supplements I have that I'm using *everything* from.

Manual of the Planes, WotC
Oathbound, Bastion
Traps & Treacheries

Three very strong runner-ups. MotP is perhaps the best GM's supplement from 3e, even if I did throw out most of its material because it dealt with the standard 3e cosmology. Oathbound's probably going to have some of it's prestige classes and races dropped, but it's mostly just a snap-in. As for T&T, I dropped 1 or 2 of the PrCs, but it's full of all kinds of PC-killing goodness.

d20, not 3e related:
Traveller d20

Velik

First Post
1 Midnight from FFG
2 Midnight from FFG
3 Midnight from FFG
4 Midnight from FFG
5 Midnight from FFG
6 Midnight from FFG
7 Midnight from FFG
8 Midnight from FFG
9 Midnight from FFG
10 Midnight from FFG

:D

DonAdam

Explorer
As a DM:

1) Traps and Treachery
2) Monsternomicon
3) 4 Color to Fantasy (I hate hate hate hate hate common magic items)

As a player:

1) Any Malhavoc class book
2) Oriental Adventures
3) Races of Faerun

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads