• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E DnD 4e Previews...What Would You Like To See?

Geek-Zilla

First Post
So I think it's fair to say WoTC has done a pretty good job with providing some crunch with the preview information they have been releasing. My question to you all is this:

With about 4 weeks until launch (that's about 12 more days worth of preview information), what tidbit about 4e would you like to see previewed?

For me:
:1: A preview of the equipment list. Namely weapons and some clarification about proficiency and such.
:2: Trap encounters.
:3: A preview of a character class progression displaying the different tiers (3e preview did this showing Level 1, 5, and 15 for each class, if I recall).
:4: An Ancient Red Dragon...in all it's glory (I'd wager this one will be the last preview before release).

That's my list...what's yours?

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Geek-Zilla said:
:3: A preview of a character class progression displaying the different tiers (3e preview did this showing Level 1, 5, and 15 for each class, if I recall).

This.

Also, show us how great DDI will be with a few pre release articles that will actually add to the game once we have it. For example: "The Bard, Part 1 -- The complete class and its heroic tier powers."

(I'd rather have Druid than Bard, but I bet the Bard is a lot more complete at this point.)

Dausuul

Legend
:1: Rituals.
:2: More rituals.
:3: Extra detail on rituals.
:4: If none of the above is an option, then maybe a few tidbits on rituals would work.

deathdonut

First Post
You guys are expecting too much from rituals.

They probably haven't previewed them because they're just not interesting enough to preview.

Expect rituals to be as exciting as material components were in 2e and 3.5e with the added amazing aspect of required out of combat casting time!

Woot.

fba827

Adventurer
Dausuul said:
:1: Rituals.
:2: More rituals.
:3: Extra detail on rituals.
:4: If none of the above is an option, then maybe a few tidbits on rituals would work.

Eh, maybe that first one, but the others would just be lame.

;)

Voss

First Post
Rituals
Skill challenges
A random smattering of powers from various classes and tiers. Like say Star Pact warlocks, levels 1 to 30? :)

MindWanderer

First Post
I'm probably alone in this, but I really want info on creating opponents/NPCs with class levels.

Other than that, I want more about paragon paths, such as whether they're all class-specific, how many will be limited to one build, and how prestige multiclassing works. Right now it looks like an archery ranger will have as few as three paragon paths to choose from (more if they multiclass), and a character who wants to be a member of another class and take a ranger PP may have only two options. A non-warlock who wants to take a warlock PP may have only one option, if the other three are pact-specific! I want to be told that this dire prediction is wrong.

Serensius

Explorer
Geek-Zilla said:
For me:
:1: A preview of the equipment list. Namely weapons and some clarification about proficiency and such.

This,

and

Just Another User said:
Something, ANYTHING, not related to combat would be nice.

If such a thing exist in 4e, of course.

This.

Maybe something on the economy, expected character wealth gain and stuff like that.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads