WotC DND Beyond AI DM

I've been steering clear of actually watching any of the tsunami of youtube videos bandwagoning on the whole OGL/WotC issue over the last week or so, but is there any sort of actual source for this?

There's that faked photo of a powerpoint presentation from a while back which has been the original source for a lot of the rumours flying around at the moment, but I've also heard claims that the 'AI DM' rumour is actually a misreading or typo of 'AL DM,' from the adventurer's league (which is, admittedly, equally baffling).

We're going to have a LOT of rumours, hysteria, and opportunistic clout-seeking lies flying around over the next few months until WotC rolls out their next OGL and their D&DB plans publicly. It's probably best we all play pretty cautious on what we believe for a while, so WotC can't slip something nasty past us while we're getting all stressy about something completely fictional. And the atmosphere of continual crisis that is conducive to driving views is only going to ramp up the harrassment that WotC staff are experiencing.

Clint_L

Hero
I doubt that you will need more than one player with the $30 tier. Right now, I pay $7 month and they give all my players access to all of my books. It's an unbelievable bargain.

But it doesn't really matter, because either people will pay, or they won't. If there's a $30 tier and everybody wants it...well, I guess it was well-priced.

Reynard

Legend
Roll for Combat is reporting Hasbro is planning to have DND Beyond subscriptions tiered up to $30 a month per player that will come with AI DMs (explaining the OGL, purchase of DNDB, hiring or programmers):

While I respect RFC for breaking the 1.1 story, I am suspicious. Does this video include any more evidence than those couple tweets that promised a bomb on Wednesday but is now backing down?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases