WotC DND Beyond AI DM

Laerun

Explorer
It might be "Adventure League" but they typed a small L by mistake?
Indeed !
The detail about A.I. GMs was supposed to read AL, Adventurer's League, Al looks like A.I.,when the text auto corrected. Sub the statement with "AL" and it makes a lot more sense. A.I. only sort of makes sense because of its current popularity and more recent use in the context of limiting "A.I. GMs" to a more stripped down version of One DnD access and content.
I don't mind being wrong here, but how many A.I. GMs do you know or have seen lately? Also, that information could have been drafted months before the leak, in which makes even less sense based on the context here. It looks like our community might also be confused by the leaked info due to one small auto correction. Ai vs Al.

Laerun

Explorer
Which is exactly why this is a questionable idea. If you want an AI to run a pre-built scenario by the book through a virtual environment, there are literally thousands of RPG video games that already do that. Heck, Wizards themselves backs two MMOs that do this, plus an adaptation of the Tomb of Annihilation board game. And if using the actual 5E rules as written is the intended appeal, there are even games that do that too (such as Solasta).

Now, to be clear, I think it's completely plausible that Wizards wants to do this, as another way to monetize players as much as they do DMs. But as with certain other recent ideas they've had, I think they may be overestimating the appeal. Especially once the novelty wears off.
The detail about A.I. GMs was supposed to read AL, Adventurer's League, Al looks like A.I.,when the text auto corrected. Sub the statement with "AL" and it makes a lot more sense. A.I. only sort of makes sense because of its current popularity and more recent use in the context of limiting "A.I. GMs" to a more stripped down version of One DnD access and content.
I don't mind being wrong here, but how many A.I. GMs do you know or have seen lately? Also, that information could have been drafted months before the leak, in which makes even less sense based on the context here. It looks like our community might also be confused by the leaked info due to one small auto correction. Ai vs Al.

plisnithus8

Adventurer
I remember hearing that WotC hired a bunch of programmers. Can anyone help with a source?

Not having heard of an AI GM does mean the biggest rpg company that is increasing its programmers, with firmer Microsoft executives, who are limiting VTT competitor tools hasn’t been working on trying to solve the DM shortage.

Remove ads