D&D 5E DnD Beyond Updates?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
According to the Dev Update Summary, sidekicks and some other elements (not sure what those elements are) are on the longer term road map so it may be some time before they are all added in. I'd say keep an eye on the DnDBeyond forum post I linked earlier to see where they are at with the development.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
According to the Dev Update Summary, sidekicks and some other elements (not sure what those elements are) are on the longer term road map so it may be some time before they are all added in. I'd say keep an eye on the DnDBeyond forum post I linked earlier to see where they are at with the development.
Gods that sucks.

The new style stat blocks are the single biggest thing I’m eager to see integrated. Exactly because I don’t want to have to keep making custom creatures for this stuff.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Until primal companions show up, you'll have to create a custom creature, but then you can select from the list. Oh, you do also have to go into the settings and turn on homebrew content for the PC edit PC > Home > turn on Homebrew content.

That may or may not work as expected.

For Artificer Battlesmiths, for example, you can add a Steel Defender as an extra. However, some of the bits in the statblock depend upon the Proficiency Bonus of the character, and they seem to have implemented it in some way that you cannot customize.

To wit - if you take the Steel Defender creature you can add as a creature, customize it, and add it as your steel defender some elements of the stat block you see when you expand the listing in your Extras do not reflect customizations.

Basically, you can't get the saves and skills of your Steel Defender to display the right numbers at this time.

Oofta

Legend
That may or may not work as expected.

For Artificer Battlesmiths, for example, you can add a Steel Defender as an extra. However, some of the bits in the statblock depend upon the Proficiency Bonus of the character, and they seem to have implemented it in some way that you cannot customize.

To wit - if you take the Steel Defender creature you can add as a creature, customize it, and add it as your steel defender some elements of the stat block you see when you expand the listing in your Extras do not reflect customizations.

Basically, you can't get the saves and skills of your Steel Defender to display the right numbers at this time.

It will be nice when they have it implemented, but for now you can make a custom version of the whatever creature you need and plug in whatever numbers are necessary.

In other words, create "Bob's Steel Defender" as a custom creature and calculate the saves, skills and whatever other numbers you need based on your PC's levels. Update the creature when the PC levels up if necessary. Unless there's something I'm missing, it still only takes a couple of minutes to get up and running.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It will be nice when they have it implemented, but for now you can make a custom version of the whatever creature you need and plug in whatever numbers are necessary.

In other words, create "Bob's Steel Defender" as a custom creature and calculate the saves, skills and whatever other numbers you need based on your PC's levels. Update the creature when the PC levels up if necessary. Unless there's something I'm missing, it still only takes a couple of minutes to get up and running.

Yes but...

there's always a but...

You can't actually use the Battle Smith Defender slot in the Extras to do it. It looks like if you add anything in that slot, it applies the out-of-date stats, instead of the customized stats. You have to make that custom creature, and add it as a companion or pet, it seems

Oofta

Legend
Yes but...

there's always a but...

You can't actually use the Battle Smith Defender slot in the Extras to do it. It looks like if you add anything in that slot, it applies the out-of-date stats, instead of the customized stats. You have to make that custom creature, and add it as a companion or pet, it seems

I'm the pragmatic sort. I'm just happy you can pick and choose the optional rules you want to apply, even if the software could still use some upgrades.

I mean, worst case scenario you could write up the critter using this thin sheet material produced by mechanically and/or chemically processing cellulose fibers derived from wood, rags, grasses or other vegetable sources in water. I think they call it "paper". Then you could make etchings on the paper with graphite which comes in a handy protective casing made of wood called a "pencil".

I know you darn young whipper snappers don't recall the olden days, but that's how we used to do it, and we were happy to! None of these "mechanical" pencils either, no-sirree. Good old wooden pencils you sharpened with your pocket knife because we were too poor to have one of those fancy sharpener crank machines. And we had to share the pocket knife but we were glad to because that's just what you did! Now get off my lawn! :mad:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases