DnD Shorts final video

S'mon

Legend

Good to finally have it all out I guess!

1674390949668.png

Xyxox

Hero
The strategy is also weird in the sense that, if I wanted to play a MMORPG, I could play one right now. World of Warcraft has certainly seen better times, but it's not like there is any risk they would turn off the servers tomorrow.
Yes, and given WotC's history with VTTs, at least WoW is already up and running. After the 4E fiasco, I wonder if they'll ever get a workable VTT running.

S'mon

Legend
Kyle Reese tells the OGL 1.0 about WoTC's Digital Initiative:

"It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are dead!"

View attachment 273409

From what D&D Shorts says, WoTC-Skynet are absolutely determined to eliminate all VTTs - Foundry, Roll20, Fantasy Grounds et al - these are their John Connors. Everyone else is just collateral damage, like the club goers in Tech Noir.

I think the 3PPs are now the Human Resistance.

Last edited:

SAVeira

Adventurer
I am finding D&D Shorts to be highly irresponsible. Clearly showing that he has zero journalism training. His poorly thought-out method of reporting the situation is going to cause several people to be fired at WotC. Should have done a much better job at ensure that his sources cannot traced or letting Hasbro know about secret MS Teams chats. Sigh...

SAVeira

Adventurer
Well, those MS Teams groups are compromised. Hope the sources were using different logins.
Doubtful. MS Teams logins normally would be tired to their corporate network emails. So non-Hasbro/WotC would not have access the Hasbro/WotC and most companies do not issue individual more than one account.

This is why I call D&D Shorts highly irresponsible. MS Teams has a ton of elements in it that can allow an employer to track their employee's active. I know as I am an IT manager and we have discussing turning that on at my work.

If someone does not think that Hasbro/WotC is not going to start looking for leakers with every tool they can, I am afraid you are very mistaken. The last three years, there has been two items that clients have been coming to my company looking for cyber security and tools to monitor their employee.

BrassDragon

Adventurer
Supporter
Doubtful. MS Teams logins normally would be tired to their corporate network emails. So non-Hasbro/WotC would not have access the Hasbro/WotC and most companies do not issue individual more than one account.

This is why I call D&D Shorts highly irresponsible.
Spot on. A responsible journalist would have stated something like 'To discuss these issues between themselves, WOTC employees had to take extra steps to make sure their communications could not be monitored by management' not 'The employees were using X feature of tool Y'. It's silly, needlessly reckless stuff that doesn't add anything to the story for the audience but can have very real consequences for the sources.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases