D&D 5E dndcombat.com retired, will stay down

liontowel

Villager
if enworld wants to host it, I can find the files, it just requires a directory.
I would love that if possible. Im completely clueless to the effort required but if it ever happens please let me know.

Either way I appreciate what you created and hope whatever projects you work on bring you fulfillment. The small bit I got to experience of your work made it clear that you're a true gem.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I might have some good news for all the fans of combat simulators. I've decided to pick this up and have been working on my own simulator for a year and a half as my day-job ans other duties allowed. I belive it's presentable now. You'll find it at Encountera
I'm especially proud of the in-house built AI that powers it (no GPT). Feel free to give it a try
Looks to be fairly barebones at the moment, but has alot of potential.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Indeed the selection of classes and monsters is still quite limited but I'm gradually adding more. As DnDCombat can surely attest, every single ability has to be implemented and can present a challenge. I'm excited about the project and committed to making it as good as it can be.
So I ran my first sim. 1 level 1 Fighter vs 2 Goblins. On turn 1 goblin 1 did 8 damage. Fighter didn't use 2nd wind despite having 4 hp left. In a later fight he used it at 3 hp left. Curious on the logic there.

Thiscord

Villager
I'm glad you noticed this. The logic for second wind is that it's discouraged until the missing hp is less than the 70 percentile of the potential amount healed. This may look strange on level 1 but starts making more sense at higher levels.

Remove ads