Do anything cool recently?

Richards

Legend
I haven't gotten to use it yet, but I built a two-story temple of Pelor out of white poster board, scaled to the D&D minis that we use in our 3.5 game, which will be used in an upcoming adventure.

A recent adventure used a similar castle I had made out of cardboard (reused it, actually; I added an upper level to the castle structure I had originally built over a year ago for a completely different adventure). The original cardboard castle was a keep on Oerth that the PCs had to assault; this "upgraded" version was a demon's castle on his level of the Abyss that the PCs - their memories having been downloaded into warforged bodies that would only last for 24 hours - had to attack and infiltrate so they could destroy the magic mirrors imprisoning the PCs' reflections. Only by smashing the mirrors and freeing their reflections could they release the hold the nalfeshnee demon held over them, as the mirrors not only allowed him to scry upon their every act, but could also be used to summon them across the planes to his layer of the Abyss.

Johnathan

Storminator

First Post
I had a priest of the Silver Flame attack my PCs (all goblins) with Word of the Silver Flame. In addition to the blast of damage, the Lord of Dust imprisoned inside the Flame spoke to them and offered two of them Warlock pacts.

Going to have very interesting ramifications for my campaign . . .

PS

When the PCs initially got the Warlock pacts, one of them used the power of the Silver Flame to release a bunch of ghosts and a banshee from the graveyard to terrorize the city. Now, when that PC's warlock curse target dies, the Lord of Dust in the Silver Flame uses to soul to release another banshee. So our "heroes" have created a never ending series of banshee attacks in the middle of the country's 3rd largest city.

PS

I was DMing. An explosion knocks over a building and panics people so they flee into the streets. Two towers on opposite sides of a public square each had a group of snipers who planned to shoot at civilians once enough people had emerged.

The party spots one group of snipers and they climb the inside of the tower. They try to breach the roof through a ladder and trap door, but they get forced back down, stuck in a bit of a stalemate. One PC (himself a bit of a sniper) climbs out a window and intends to attack the guys on the roof from behind, distracting them so his team can come up the ladder.

He's about to climb over the lip of the roof when he gets shot from behind by the snipers on the other tower. Per the plan, the rest of the PCs head up and attack the first group of snipers, but the PC sniper just sits down on a handy gargoyle and starts trading fire with the second group of snipers. Because of the sounds of combat, the enemies on roof one don't even realize the sniper PC is less than 10 feet away from them.

I just kinda like the mental image of this extremely long-range battle going on while a melee is going on right on the other side of a low wall.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We launched a new campaign tonight, 10th lvl PCs. We were utterly hopeless. Cold dice, players playing unfamilar classes, and a newbie.

The big fight of the night was against an aerial opponent. For ranged attacks, we had:

1 rogue with a bow
A barbarian/Ftr with only 1 spear
My Marshal/Duskblade/BattleSorcerer using Celestial Sorcerer's Lance
A cleric with 1 Flame Strike memorized
A conjuror who nailed it with a binding spell of some kind and a Web
A warrior with nasty insults

All while we were being buffeted by gale-force winds and lightning bolts from on high.

It was an embarrassingly long combat...and yet, hilariously fun.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
On Sunday, as part of fulfilling a prophecy, my character beat the snot out of a Sith with a truck. That was a lot of fun.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Why am I picturing Darth Vader with mud flaps, oversized tires, a gun rack, and a Rebel battle flag?

Aside from how the Emperor would have Force Choked Vader for flying a *Rebel* flag, you mean?

Because my construction was a bit ambiguous :p

...my character used a truck to beat the snot out of a Sith.

It was a farmer's truck - so mud flaps, oversized repulsorlift emitters, and a blaster rack were all likely present.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Emblematic confusion aside, I find a Star Wars/Southern USA post-Civil War mashup...compelling.

I just had a vision of the Duke boys riding around in the General Tarkin...yeeeee-HA!

Upon finding that the standard punishment for surrendering monsters in a city was execution, our party snuck the mook we had captured out of the city, and let him go, with some threats to not come back.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Emblematic confusion aside, I find a Star Wars/Southern USA post-Civil War mashup...compelling.

I just had a vision of the Duke boys riding around in the General Tarkin...yeeeee-HA!
How about Star Wars as an Icelandic saga?

chapter 26 said:
“What kind of duel would this be?” asked Grídó, “This is no place for a duel.”
“Let us throw axes,” said Hani the Duelist, “My father was a great viking, and I think this to be the manliest of sports.”
“Certainly it is,” said Grídó, “And we shall throw our axes at the same time.” He heaved up his axe, and Hani heaved up his own.
But Hani threw his axe first, and the axe dug all the way into the brain of Grídó, who fell down dead straightaway.

Last edited:

Remove ads