D&D 5E Do GRICKS have eyes?

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
See also: Does a rose by any other name still smell as sweet? When is a door not a door?
A: A rose that goes by the name "rose" and sold commercially does not smell as sweet as the fragrance was bred out of them long ago in favor of shelf life.

B: When it's ajar.

Dausuul

Legend
I would be inclined to say that a grick's entire skin surface is photosensitive, and its brain assembles an image out of the light hitting its skin.

My rule with aberrations is that any time there is a question about their physiology or biology, the answer is weird and unnatural. (5E changed gricks to "monstrosities" for no reason I can see, but as far as I'm concerned they're always going to be aberrations.)

Stormonu

Legend
I never thought about skeletons not having eyes before in 30something years of gaming.
I think it was in the 1E/2E FR Lords of Darkness book they discussed skeletons (and other undead) having a sort of “Life sense” instead of actually seeing.

That and I’m a big Aliens fan, so I’m not unused to creatures lacking eyes and still being able to track foes without having to use tremorsense or the like.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I would say yes since they have a climb speed and not a burrow speed. This makes them more like snakes and not worms, which snakes have eyes. This and the darkvision thing mostly. I guess bullettes have eves and burrow speed maybe making my point moo. Their description also calls them worm-like, so maybe I'm just guessing, but mostly the darkvision thing.
They’re molluscs, the tail is a modified tentacle. Molluscs have eyes

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases