• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Do me a favor, check you 3.5 printing number.

LennonVC

First Post
I am trying to figure out the number of printings for the 3.5 Dungeon & Dragon core rule books. I have scoured the internet and have not been able to find the total number of printings. It may seem silly but I am interested in collecting the data.

I am asking if you could you look at the first page of your Player's Handbook, Monster Manual and Dungeon Master's Guide. Underneath the wizards logo there should be a printing number and a date (see image below). Please reply to this post with this information. Also let me know if you have a normal hardback, special edition or the softcover.

I have a first printing book dated July 2003 of the normal hardback Player's Handbook.

Last edited:

MrFaust

First Post
My DMG says First Printing: July 2003, Special Edition: October 2005.
The Players Handbook and Monster Manual both say First Printing.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I have regular hardbacks that I bought in April 2008.

PHB: First Printing: July 2003, Special Edition: October 2004
The print count indicates 6th printing.

DMG: First Printing: July 2003

MM: First Printing: July 2003

I also have a softcover PHB from the D&D Player's Kit that has more up-to-date errata. Its indicia has the following:
Original Hardcover Edition First Printing: July 2003
First Paperback Printing: June 2006
The print count indicates 1st printing.

IstraRaugir

First Post
Hope this helps ^^

PHB: First Printing: July 2003, Special Edition October 2004.
MM: First Printing: July 2003
DMG: First Printing: July 2003

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I believe that when WotC printed the Special Edition Player's Handbook (the $75.00 leatherbound edition) in 2004 they updated the text with errata corrections.

When it came time to print the regular PHB after that date, they used the corrected files from the Special Edition. That's why there is a reference to the Special Edition in normal PHBs.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads