• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you DM sitting or standing?

S. Baldrick

Explorer
I perfer to sit but in the enviroment that I DM in now, I have to stand most of the time. I wish we had a better gaming area but we don't. That still doesn't prevent me from enjoying the game.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
oh wait sorry, i got that answer confused with another question... :eek:

anyway... when doing story elements and most NPC role-playing and such, i tend to sit down. when running combat with miniatures, i tend to stand, so that i can clearly see the combat (plus i get excited and nervous, making it hard to sit!)

cmrscorpio

Explorer
When I sit, I sit in a higher chair than the other players. I sit during most NPC conversations and when the players are talking amonst themselves for strategy/planning/etc. I stand during combats because I like to pantomime the actions and reactions of NPCs while they are fighting.

The_Universe

First Post
I like having the freedom to alternate between sitting and standing. In general, I like to stand, but when my feet get tired, I'm glad there's a chair for me.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
When I DM I get up and down all the time; all based upons my needs to be up and moving around or my needs to be at the desk, and whether or not I simply feel like sitting down or up and moving around.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads