Do you have a favourite dinosaur?

View attachment 248818

I prefer dinosaur tanks
I continue to not quite understand how the Dino Riders IP has failed to conquer the world. I'm sure the show was mediocre (it came and went without me ever catching an episode) but the toys were phenomenal and the story tells itself.

I mean what part of
dino-riders.jpg

did people not understand?

Last edited:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I continue to not quite understand how the Dino Riders IP has failed to conquer the world. I'm sure the show was mediocre (it came and went without me ever catching an episode) but the toys were phenomenal and the story tells itself.

I mean what part of View attachment 248863
did people not understand?
A cartoon from the 80s, that means that the cartoon was created to sell the toys.

I think it only had something like 12 episodes, I loved it back in the day and had some of the toys along with the small comic books that toys often came with back then (I'm thinking mostly these guys and masters of the universe).

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I need to post another one because I still love dinos!

Therizinosaurus is great for a number of reasons...

1) it's a theropod that evolved into an herbivore (kind of like how a panda is the descendant of omnivorous bears, but is an herbivore)

2) it has enormous claws... that it likely used to strip bark off of trees

3) its name means "scythe lizard"

4) it was likely covered in feathers, so it might have looked something like this:

1653273803391.png

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I remember the Dino Riders! I think I had a few of the toys. Weren't there some comics as well?

I really enjoyed the Dinosaucers as well!
Tumblr_inline_n15blkYAyk1qft1x3.png
For me the ultimate children's dino-media was Dinotopia...

1653278488641.png

1653278516009.png

1653278534203.png

I've been fantasizing about a D&D campaign that combines Game of Thrones style politics with Dinotopia... each house represented by a different dinosaur type... Wildlings riding Quetzalcoatlus, throwing spears at knights on Utahraptors...

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
For me the ultimate children's dino-media was Dinotopia...

View attachment 248875

View attachment 248876

View attachment 248877

I've been fantasizing about a D&D campaign that combines Game of Thrones style politics with Dinotopia... each house represented by a different dinosaur type... Wildlings riding Quetzalcoatlus, throwing spears at knights on Utahraptors...
I always wanted these books as a kid. I guess now that I'm an adult I can go out and buy them. I wonder if they're still around.

Remove ads