Do you have a favourite dinosaur?

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I continue to not quite understand how the Dino Riders IP has failed to conquer the world. I'm sure the show was mediocre (it came and went without me ever catching an episode) but the toys were phenomenal and the story tells itself.

I mean what part of View attachment 248863
did people not understand?
Did you know that Rex from Toy Story is a reference to Dino Riders and how Tyco got bought by Mattel? Also that the Dino Raiders dinos kept on living in the Smithsonian gift shop for a while after the end of the line?

You're only correct if your favourite is any of The Terrible Thunderlizards. :D

7bc7c47bb44517461d15ab90cd60f8f3.jpg
075.jpg

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Pachycephalosaurus. Because I think a dinosaur with a helmet is funny and even funnier is remembering my son saying its name in preschool.

rjpalmer_pachycephalosaurus_model_001.JPG
I’m with blockhead here, except I’ll one up the helmeted dino, with a horned helmet and go Stygimoloch. (Although Stygimoloch might have been just a juvenile Pachycephalosaurus…)

Being a father to a five year old, I’ve had to brush up my dino game lately. Countering the coolness of triceratops is not easy…

Last edited:

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Around 3 feet long, so not tiny but not really huge either

I was once watching a doco on Blue Whales mating and noted that whale dongs were kinda tiny looking - then the announcer explained that theyre 10 feet long and just look tiny because whales are so huge...
Well, that's my excuse....

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
That is definitively one of the most awesome scenes in the Dresden Files books. ;)

As for favourite dinosaur, I think I go with Triceratops , though as I understand it, it has now been thought that it was the same species as another one that I cannot remember the name of.
Torosaurus? Though don't worry, it hasn't been proven yet. It is still an open question.

Ok, I love dinosaurs.

Remove ads