D&D 4E Do you like 4e?

Do you like 4e?

• Yes

Votes: 164 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 58 26.1%

Ymdar

Explorer
I made this poll because I'm curious if according to the articles out there people like or don't like 4e.
I have a hunch that marketing and R&D strategy analysis at wotc went afoul after analysing the marginal success of SW Saga.

Ymdar

Explorer
You either have a gut feeling about liking it, or not. If not, don't vote. That's why I clarified the question above. :)

DreamChaser

Explorer
At the time of this post, yes.

Likely to remain so.

Honestly, with half of my gamers being more interested in how interesting their background is than in twinking out a character, having a more unified set of rules with clear options will make it possible for me as GM to create games that don't bore the power gamers in the group and don't kill the others.

DC

tombowings

First Post
DreamChaser said:
At the time of this post, yes.

Likely to remain so.

Honestly, with half of my gamers being more interested in how interesting their background is than in twinking out a character, having a more unified set of rules with clear options will make it possible for me as GM to create games that don't bore the power gamers in the group and don't kill the others.

DC

Sounds like my group : )

Mostlyjoe

Explorer
I'm so far sold that they'd have to dig up my dead ancestors and do violent unnatural things to their corpses to really unsell me at this point.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
I'm massively unsold and have been for some time.

*The nerfing of magic and removal of schools especially bug me.
*Then they are messing with the planes and I liked the Great Wheel as a unifying feature of D&D.
*Moving things that should be universal options into specific class features
*Oh yes magic
*The huge number of little fiddling bonuses (ala Dodge) I had to HR last time and didn't want to HR again.

neoweasel

First Post
Ymdar said:
I made this poll because I'm curious if according to the articles out there people like or don't like 4e.
I have a hunch that marketing and R&D strategy analysis at wotc went afoul after analysing the marginal success of SW Saga.
To be fair, any information you get from this poll will be useless in a larger sense (even if you ignore PirateCat's very reasonable response of "there's no way to tell yet") since you're taking data from a selection that is functionally a tiny dot in the population that is interesting.

Delta

First Post
Ymdar said:

Poll-wise, be aware that there's now a growing divide between people who visit the 4E forum here and people who visit other forums, like General. There was a poll in General last week that said only about 30% of people would be going to play 4E. Here it will be much higher.

Remove ads