Do you make YouTube videos? Share them here!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I know Grumpy Celt does, as does weem. And I hope you all know that I do by now.

Let's use this thread to promote our own stuff; provide a link (and description) of your channel and hopefully folks will check it out and subscribe to it. At the least, we can subscribe to each other and get a little cross-traffic going!

So here is EN World's YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RussellMorrissey1974?feature=mhee

It includes our new animated series, the trailers for our adventure paths, and will soon be hosting some documentary footage starting with Dragonmeet in the UK in December, and hopefulyl Gen Con 2013.

Jon_Dahl

First Post
So this doesn't have to be RPG related...? I'm not going to share my channel here for two reasons: My early production is poor and I'm shy. I just want to mention I've been teaching my mother language in Youtube for two years now and it has been worth it because I have made a very good friend - a brother I would say.

I have about 140 subscribers. Not too many comments.

I recommend making your own videos and uploading them (video blog etc.). Exposing yourself like that can earn you a like-minded friend or two.

Almacov

First Post
I'm on YouTube now.

I'm pretty new to it, so I'm still getting the hang of things, but I've had surprising and encouraging responses to my fledgeling efforts.
(I'll be putting up a channel introduction video in the next few days, with more content to follow.)

In any case, my channel is here.

Out of curiosity, have you considered reinstating the EnWorld TV tab and using it to syndicate selected content from other YouTubers? A steady, curated stream of videos could keep people clicking over to that tab, and work out to the mutual benefit of all involved. I can't say whether any of my stuff is worth syndicating, but there are plenty of other great RPG YouTube content creators out there.

Here are three for some of our games:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzXUI4333dw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Mafia Game.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE4gmeuETBQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]sog2.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDBOaewbWCw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]HORROR SHOW TRAILER.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Out of curiosity, have you considered reinstating the EnWorld TV tab and using it to syndicate selected content from other YouTubers? A steady, curated stream of videos could keep people clicking over to that tab, and work out to the mutual benefit of all involved. I can't say whether any of my stuff is worth syndicating, but there are plenty of other great RPG YouTube content creators out there.

I'm definitely consdering syndicating stuff, but directly on the channel itself.

Almacov

First Post
I'm definitely consdering syndicating stuff, but directly on the channel itself.

Oh, I wasn't meaning on your YouTube channel.
When I mentioned the EN World TV tab, I was referring to the page that used to be present on enworld.org that collected the content you had posted to RussellMorrissey1974. If you were to revive that and embed content from other YouTube creators along with your stuff on the same page, the tab could see a lot more clicks thanks to the steadier flow of content, benefiting both your channel and the others you'd embedded content from at the same time.

Of course, this would mean another thing to maintain on ENWorld, so whether it were worthwhile or not would require some weighing of options.

In any case, thanks for subscribing!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oh, I wasn't meaning on your YouTube channel.
When I mentioned the EN World TV tab, I was referring to the page that used to be present on enworld.org that collected the content you had posted to RussellMorrissey1974. If you were to revive that and embed content from other YouTube creators along with your stuff on the same page, the tab could see a lot more clicks thanks to the steadier flow of content, benefiting both your channel and the others you'd embedded content from at the same time.

I know what you meant. Does it help if I add the following prefix to my previous reply:

[No I have no considered that, but] I'm definitely considering syndicating stuff, but directly on the channel itself.

It's not a bad idea, but it does require some additional work I hadn't budgeted for.

Last edited:

Almacov

First Post
I know what you meant. Doe sit help if I add the following prefix to my previous reply:

[No I have no considered that, but] I'm definitely considering syndicating stuff, but directly on the channel itself.

Yeah, sorry, I totally misread that.
Syndication strikes me as somewhat more complicated to manage through the channel itself, unless you're just looking to maintain a playlist or something, but that could be cool too.

As a side note, here are some other UK YouTubers with some good content, in case you haven't seen them before:
ClackClickBang, The Gentleman Gamer
LawsonBeast
TheOutsiders68, Sean Connors
RobertJFreemantle

The UK is, of course, still a fairly large country, but these fellows might at least be more easily meet-able than others, in case you wanted to discuss a more complicated sort of in-channel syndication.

There are loads of other roleplaying gamers on YouTube, from the UK and otherwise. I can point to more if desired. I can't say how many are also EN World users, so the odds of reaching them through this thread could be lower than ideal. Still, I'll be mentioning EN World (and rpg.net, among others) in my introduction video as a resource and community, so perhaps some of them will find this thread anyway.

Remove ads