Do you modify/write-in your game books?

delericho

Legend
Not any more. My 2nd Ed DMG has some notes in it, as does, I think "The Complete Fighter's Handbook". But after a failed attempt to mark up "Sword & Fist" with all the required errata, I haven't written in any RPG book.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I'm fascinated, no, horrified, that people think writing in a book is okay somehow. I can't even bring myself to write in a used paperback.

How could it not be okay? We are writing in our own books. Now if I come to your house and write in your books that'd be rude. :ROFLMAO:

This just shows why Session 0 is so important. Some people enjoy a game that allows more controversial aspects like rape, domestic abuse, genocide, or marked books, but some people don't. Always discuss these things before the game starts to learn what might trigger different players, so no one is caught off guard.

This just shows why Session 0 is so important. Some people enjoy a game that allows more controversial aspects like rape, domestic abuse, genocide, or marked books, but some people don't. Always discuss these things before the game starts to learn what might trigger different players, so no one is caught off guard.

Interesting choice of related offenses.

I've never bothered to poll players for such things. If they don't like the game as presented, they can leave. I'm more interested in that new players understand their obligations.

Retreater

Legend
No way. Unless I can get a writer to autograph it, or if I'm carrying it to many public tables I might put my name in it. Otherwise, it's heresy.

Remove ads