Do you modify/write-in your game books?

S'mon

Legend
So tell me, do you modify your rule books at all? Write in them? Cross stuff out? Stick in inserts? Do you maybe purposefully print out PDFs so you can write on them without "defacing" the actual book? Do you treat them like slabbed comics? :ROFLMAO:
Yes, but only in pencil (+ sticky notes). No pen! :)

Mumbly-mumbly something about lies in the eye of the beholder (which is not at all the same as a Beholder's eye).

I see beauty in the many lives of each dog-ear'd page.
I see beauty in perfect highlighting and the ability to be stored without shelves.I still have far too many physical books, but at least they fit on the shelves now.

Retreater

Legend
The librarian thing is interesting. They've hammered into us not to write in books, but casually, even cruelly stamp "discard" into old unloved books, and toss them on to the "free books" heap. Nothing sadder than that. They end up in their forever homes at my house.
I don't know...
As a professional librarian for decades, I can say we are pretty rough on books that circulate. We stamp them, label them, reinforce jackets and spines, repair torn pages with tape, etc.
And when it is time to stamp them with "no longer property of" we donate them to children's groups, put them in Little Free Libraries, or sell them to buy new books.
A book is never unloved. We just release them to find someone else to love them.

When I worked in Interlibrary Loan, we used to joke about forming a brute squad to go after people that didn't return books. In our case, it was especially dire because someone not returning a book loaned from another institution could jeopardize our entire relationship with them.

There needs to be a movie about a librarian who, when someone does that, turns out to be a retired assassin who goes all John Wick on them.

smcc360

Explorer
Write in a book?! If I or my filth-fingered players have been eating pizza or nachos, nobody can even TOUCH the book. Maybe I'll throw a stickynote in there, if I'm feeling daffy.

R_J_K75

Legend
Apparently I do. I came across this last night and caudldnt stop laughing.
20210406_005647_(1).jpg

R_J_K75

Legend
This needs context .:ROFLMAO:
OK so kick me off the board if you must, I had some marijuana the one night and I was writing my players next adventure, I was flipping through the MM. I just flipped through saw the skeletal carcas of the thought eater and "thought", go talk to some fish. So thereinlies the Aqaman blast, I just wrote it there. I remember that night, remembering all the great monsters. Funniest part about is I was looking something up for the COMMAND thread and saw that page in my book, reminded me of this thread. Its not a great zsory...but if yo were there.

Remove ads