• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you multiclass?

Do you have multiclassed characters?

• All my characters are multiclassed

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Some of my characters are multiclassed

Votes: 63 61.2%
  • None of my characters are multiclassed

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I only multiclass for prestige classes (or to qualify for them)

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I multiclass less often than in previous editions

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • I multiclass more often than in previous editions

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I just want to vote. Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%

Omegium

First Post
I have almost only played spellcasters, and I have hardly played above lvl 10. It is a very bad choice to multiclass as a spellcaster: you are weakening your only power

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Omegium said:
I have almost only played spellcasters, and I have hardly played above lvl 10. It is a very bad choice to multiclass as a spellcaster: you are weakening your only power

Once you hit 5th level, the single-class spellcasters leave the mixed concepts in the dust when it comes to spellslinging.

One level of cleric is a big help to low level characters in terms of survivability. At high levels, a single level of Wizard or Cleric gives you convenient access to wands.

Personally, I prefer pure spellcasters or a balanced mix of two non-spellcaster classes.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Well since it is a class system and not a point buy I frequently have to multi to fit my character concept. In greyhawk I had a rogue/wizard I was going for something like a arcane indiana jones for the character, and I have a rogue/cleric. This was becuase it was an "evil" campaign and my god was pyremius god of murder, poison and fire bwahahahahaha. Anyhoo the clerics were a bunch of sneaky coniving bastards and rogue levels were almost a prereq if you read the description, eventually the plan was to take a level of assassin to finalize my concept. I was a punk but dam playing up the fire aspect was a blast especially since we had a fire oriented sorcerer on the team.

The indiana jones one rocked, yeah my spellcasting took a slight hit, but man with spells enahcing my skills I out rogued the rogue, except in sneak attacks.

About the only characters I haven't multied are the psions I played. Maybe I should of since they were a little weak, but I had a blast with the shaper.

Oh yeah I didn't multi my cleric of st. cuthbert he just kicked far to much but single classed for me to wuss him out with a fighter level or something.

Last edited:

Someguy

First Post
I jsut multiclass to add a new dimesnion to a cahracter and also to advance there personal story along, rarly just to get a sepcial ability...

Remove ads