• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you name your campaigns?

Do you name your campaigns?

• Yes

Votes: 107 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.7%

evildm

Explorer
I was trying to think of a new name for my current campaign just lately and I began to wonder: how many other people name their D&D campaigns. Obviously, the setting has a name, but do you name the campaign as well? My current Forgotten Realms campaign is called Shadow Puppets, and my friend's Ravenloft campaign is called Seasons of Sorrow.

alsih2o

First Post
part one of my current tuesday campaign is called "as the two sisters watched".

it is after the 2 moons, who are sisters :)

Mercule

Adventurer
I voted "Yes", but it should really be "I try, but refuse to use anything that sounds too dorky, which is what I usually come up with."

haiiro

First Post
Generally, yes. I didn't always, but in the last several years I've found that they acquire a name at some point anyway -- usually because we need to call the email list something. ;)

My campaign names are usually pretty basic (like the name of the region the campaign takes place in), partly because that makes sense to me and partly because I don't like giving things away.

333 Dave

First Post
I would, but it doesn't matter half the time. We just name the campaign after who's DMing and the game. Like "Chris's D&D Game" or "Jeff's Spycraft Game" or "Dave's M&M game". Those don't count as names though.

Agback

Explorer
G'day

Sometimes it's as simple as 'The Mercenaries Campaign'. And sometimes the name isn't decided on until quite late, but I have had campaigns called:

The Giants of the Earth

The Survivors

Men of High Purpose

Brave Music

The Iron Stone Men

The Man in the Bamboo Mask

The Merchant of Thekla

Swords of St John

After the Big One

Survey

Survey II

Survey III

Cincinnati Special

Soldiers of Fortune

Thirty-Something

The Siege of Seattle

Sons of Mount Taygetos

Triplanetary

A High King of Darkness

Interesting Times

The Kingdom Renewed

Bloody, Bold, and Resolute

Creatures of the Night

Uninvited Guests

Secret Servants

Thundering Vale

Sons of Thunder

Canberra by Night

and a great many less distinguished names.

Regards,

Agback

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads