Do You Own a Valuable CCG Card...?

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Baseball, football, and other sports trading cards can be worth a pretty penny, but there's a sprawling universe of "non-sports" trading cards out there, too. And while none of them can quite match up to a nice Honus Wagner, there's still no shortage of money changing hands over these collectibles.

Here are ten of the most valuable collectible cards out there, but be warned: if the thought of printed bits of thin cardboard selling for thousands of dollars makes your blood pressure climb, you may want to have your meds at hand.

The 10 priciest collectible cards

The 10 priciest collectible cards | Unplugged - Yahoo! Games

:cool:

fanboy2000

Adventurer
I never owned any of those cards, but I did have a Darth Vader for the Star Wars CCG from Decipher back in "the day". As people my age sometimes say.

$4,500 for Adam Bomb may be a little optimistic, but I suspect it's pricier than Nasty Nick. Adam Bomb was the mascot of Garbage Pale Kids. While not gross, the pun tickled kids who grew up in the death throws of the cold war.

Also, Garbage Pale Kids were stickers, not cards.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Garbage Pail Kids had both Stickers and Cards, plus I think I remember some attempt at a MAD like magazine/comic...

I had a few of them back in the day.

Eh, I've got a Wasteland in Magic, which is worth like $40 because it's mean and good in tournaments. I should sell it, because it's no fun to play against friends.

Oh yeah, and a few dual lands, which might push $60 a pop. No big-ticket items, though.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Not any more. But several years ago, I did finance a good chunk of my honeymoon on the sale of a Black Lotus....

Mercutio01

First Post
I wish. However, looking through the a value catalog last night, and knowing that my cards are probably VF at best, F on average, I realized I could probably net $500 or so for my collection. I'll have to look through my storage unit and go through them card by card. I could use the $500 a lot more than a bunch of Unlimited, Revised, and Ice Age cards that do little more than make me nostalgic.

Crothian

First Post
Not anymore. I sold my Magic collection and that financed about 3 of my Gen Con trips and also got me most of the Planscape, Changeling, and other RPG product lines I collect.

Agamon

Adventurer
I owned 4 of each of the duel lands once upon a time. I'd like to say I don't any more because I sold them, but instead, they went missing... :hmm:

Remove ads