Do you play any kind of lottery?

Ragnar_Lodbrok

First Post
I have a simple rule regarding gambling: don't play unless you're rigging the game.

That said, the current jackpot for a big one is more than $600 million right now. I wouldn't expect to win, but it's still tempting to throw enough for a ticket at it.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
It's obviously not in your favor but so what? If you can afford to dump $5 or $20 at the bar on the weekend you can buy a lottery ticket. If you somehow do miracle a hit, it'll be a lot better for you than that cheap booze you've been sucking down. :p

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
It's obviously not in your favor but so what? If you can afford to dump $5 or $20 at the bar on the weekend you can buy a lottery ticket. If you somehow do miracle a hit, it'll be a lot better for you than that cheap booze you've been sucking down. :p

But booze, even cheap one, has a guaranteed return on investment. :yawn:

Zombie_Babies

First Post
But booze, even cheap one, has a guaranteed return on investment. :yawn:

No, not cheap booze - which is why I qualified it. Er, unless you're talking about getting hammered ... which is sorta scary. IMO, people shouldn't drink to get drunk, they should drink because they enjoy what they're drinking. If getting drunk happens on occasion then so be it but to aim for that and to get there as cheaply as possible is something that disturbs me. Even when I was 16 I was concerned with quality and would get the best I could afford ... which often wasn't anything remotely good. But I was a kid then.

If you're drinking and getting drunk but not enjoying the booze you're drinking then I think you need to sit yourself down and have a serious talk. There may be a problem there. Oh, that 'you' was a general one. I don't mean you personally.

PigKnight

First Post
No, not cheap booze - which is why I qualified it. Er, unless you're talking about getting hammered ... which is sorta scary. IMO, people shouldn't drink to get drunk, they should drink because they enjoy what they're drinking. If getting drunk happens on occasion then so be it but to aim for that and to get there as cheaply as possible is something that disturbs me. Even when I was 16 I was concerned with quality and would get the best I could afford ... which often wasn't anything remotely good. But I was a kid then.

If you're drinking and getting drunk but not enjoying the booze you're drinking then I think you need to sit yourself down and have a serious talk. There may be a problem there. Oh, that 'you' was a general one. I don't mean you personally.
I too never got why people drink to get drunk.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer

Oh well, I really thought the smiley could successfully signal irony... I guess the rest of the discussion better lives in Bullgrit's thread.

I don't buy lottery tickets. But I do pick them up if I find them lying on the ground.

No, I'm not kidding. My state has a "Second Chance" drawing for non-winning scratch-off games (and, now, some of the Lotto-type games). It's amazing how many of these I find. I figure it's worth the ten seconds of time it takes to pick the ticket up and enter it into the computer.

(Of course, now that I've told you all this, you'll be picking up all of the tickets from the ground, too, so there won't be any for me! Damn! My Big Secret is revealed! :uhoh:)

Remove ads