Do You Read This News?

[h=3]EN World News[/h]
  • In my never-ending quest to try to optimize the time I spend on different aspects of EN World, I'm trying to ascertain whether this news page is still popular or useful in the face of big mega-companies like Facebook, Twitter, and Google. (I know I occasionally ask this - it's important, I think to keep asking every year or so!) It's the busiest page of the site, for sure, but that may be just because it's the most common landing page - I can't tell whether folks actually read it, and I get very little feedback or response which would let me know. So, a small ask - if you read this page, please drop a quick note in the comments so that I can get a rough idea (and indeed, which bits of it you read). Then I can make an informed decision on how to spend time to improve things for everyone! The page is a lot of effort every day (and I've been doing it for about 12 years!) and I'm happy to do it, but I'm also happy to do other things, too, which would also be cool!
  • In Pretty Darn Fun (a look at new PDFs) This week we have 10 new PDFs, 4 WotC rereleases, 4 new adventures and 1 excellent Spotlight of the Week. Some are previews, some are new systems, some are supplements for a game you are likely already playing, but all are good PDFs that look of interest to a wide range of players.
  • The ENnie Awards are still looking for booth volunteers.

[h=3]D&D News[/h]
  • I Don’t Know What It Is, but I Like It by James Wyatt -- James provides us with descriptions for several good-aligned creatures that have animal forms. Come see what menagerie he has assembled for you to view and discuss this week!
  • 2E AD&D Core Rulebooks Premium Reprints Released![FONT=&amp] For many gamers, the 2nd Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons core rulebooks were their introduction to the role-playing game hobby. Now players can celebrate those dungeon-storming campaigns with this set of special premium editions released by Wizards of the Coast today. The AD&D 2nd Edition Player’s Handbook, Monstrous Manual and Dungeon Master Handbook (each sold separately) contain [/FONT] [FONT=&amp]all of the original content and art that fans will remember, but each rulebook has a new cover design to commemorate the reprint.[/FONT]

[h=3]Pathfinder RPG News[/h]

[h=3]RPG News[/h]
  • Cubicle7's First Doctor Sourcebook hit US stores recently, and will be appearing in UK stores this week. "Celebrating the 50th anniversary year of Doctor Who, this 160 page hardcover sourcebook explores the First Doctor's adventures. With detailed information on all the allies, enemies, aliens and gadgets that he encounters, as well as examining each of his adventures, the book contains a wealth of material for the Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space RPG, and is also being a fact-packed resource for fans of the show!"
  • Forbes has reviewed 13th Age, and has a video Q&A with Rob Heinsoo and Jonathan Tweet. "It’s fun, fast, and accessible and encourages imagination from players and GM alike. It bakes some very cool new ideas into the d20 ecosystem while keeping all the major pieces intact. Of the many systems I’ve read recently, it’s one of the best."

[video=youtube;e3qPQhTns64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e3qPQhTns64[/video]

[h=3]Community News[/h]
  • Sarah Darkmagic talks about End to End, a book of fairy tales, and using such tales as game inspiration.
  • Kobold Press posts a 1000-word rebuttal against its own article; in yesterday's news I mentioned Against the Nostalgia Fetish in Fantasy Roleplaying; today, the kobolds have posted Against the Fetish of Progressive Design.
  • Gnome Stew's guest writer, Richard Dansky (Wraith: The Oblivion) writes about What GMing Can Take From GameDev.

[h=3]Boardgaming News[/h]
  • Forbes has reviewed Lords of Waterdeep. It says "Lords of Waterdeep is one of the most unique and surprising D&D boardgames on the market" but - and this may just be me - is that a non-statement? It's the most 'surprising' of the half dozen boardgames WotC has out at the moment? Still, the rest of the review is fairly glowing.
  • Play Board Games has reviewed Astlan. Aztlan is an area control game with an Aztec theme. You must control domains that contain specific terrain to score big points and win. But look out your opponents might just overpower you and remove your pieces from the board.

Last edited by a moderator:

direhippo

First Post
It's one of my favorite aspects of the site. The congealing of RPG news all around the interwebs with my irish coffee is what makes my morning.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I read today's EN World news & D&D news. I feel like this is the only place at EN World where you can sustain some kind of narrative of whatever the scope of EN World is to be. On the other hand, each day's worth of news does sort of lose value the moment the next day arrives. So I can see the dilemma.

I read this page daily. This site is one of the rare places that all the great gaming news is in one place--no looking through forums, checking multiple sites etc. I appreciate the hard work you do to post this info and I check back in several times a day hoping the day's update was posted.

Kannik

Hero
I read it every weekday as pretty much my only spot of news amongst the RPG/TT world, be it D&D news, cool new kickstarters, funny bits, and more. Great work!

Ketherian

Explorer
This news summary is what first brought me to enworld years back. I stay for other reasons, but I still read the summary regularly and I appreciate the work it must involve. While I try to follow the updates and information from my favourite gaming companies -- it's far too easy to miss an update when they're spread across multiple home pages, twitter accounts, facebook and google updates. And some days, I truly appreciate your ability to cut through the bumph (marketing-lingo) to give me information I can actually use/follow up on.

Zogmo

First Post
I read this page daily, along with Truth Seeker IV's news on CM. It's much better getting my gaming and entertainment news from a trusted site and people like you.

You're doing an awesome job at deciding what's important to us and what we need to know to stay current on a day by day basis.

Thank you very, very much!

Zogmo

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases