• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you REALLY support your community?!?

LcKedovan

Explorer
Hi All,

It was a strange gaming day for me yesterday, not only was I able to buy Ashy (Brannon Hollingsworth) & Ken's new module (Danger in Deadwood) from Bastion online, I went to the gaming store with a colleague who was buying the PhB and they also had "Of Sound Mind" there (A Miracle here in Munich!). So I bought that as well. Then I noticed the post about the Dusk setting asking for help and input from the community. I saw a couple people reply of 129 people who read the post.

I also know that Mouseferatu has a new module out that Simon has reviewed.

It set me to wondering... do _YOU_ support the ENWorld community and the people here (publishers excluded of course in this case)? Or is EnWorld just a nice place to hang out in an anonymous fashion but when things get tight it's too much hassle to lend a hand. Is it just somewhere that lets you be 'leet and be able to say "Kevin Kulp? Sure he's our Moderator", "Gary Gygax? Man, to friends he's Col_Pladoh". Or is it a place that you whipped out the pocket book when Morrus needed the help, or you lend your support to "John Doe" when you see he made it into print with a publisher? Do you visit the Hosted sites, give input from time to time, read the boards they have, download the offering, offer pointers or is it all General Forum, Rules Forum? Or do you only go there when you need something for yourself or your game?

-Will

Last edited:

JRRNeiklot

First Post
I try to buy anything by any of the guys on these boards. For instance, I plan on getting "Of Sound Mind" even though I don't use Psionics. But, if I can't use it right now, it's not a high priority. My guys are 7th level, so "Danger in Deadwood" will have to wait. I will eventually get it because, well, its D20. 'Nuff said!

Henry@home

First Post
Talk about calling it out onto the carpet! :)

I do contribute where money permits, but for the most part, time is where most of my contributions go. I do visit some of the various boards and offer input, but only where my interests lay. That's the beauty of this community - there are so many here participating, that you can god where your interest takes you and give the best use of your time!

Wicht

Hero
Well I haven't given lately (monetarily) but I try to do what I can to support the place. That includes of late spending inordinate amounts of time in fight club writing and revising rules for enjoyable play by post games (YB, YBA) (which if you haven't checked out you should). I have entered the last contest Morrus held and plan on yet entering the new one. And I will probably buy "Of Sound Mind" and may even do so at the EN World shop.

KDLadage

Explorer
I give.

I give of my time.

I give of my wallet (a few times when things got tight).

I give of my soul (Umbragia is a labor of love, after all).

I give.

BluWolf

Explorer
From a financial perspective? No, not really. Bu thten again, I don't buy that much D20 stuff. Most of the stuff I have bought has been core D&D material. The only D20 stuff I have bought has been;

Mithril-regretted it
Traps & trickery-enjoyed it very much
Book of Eldritch Might- great buy
Evil - still on the fenc with that one.

Time wise I invest a lot of time here and promote the site when ever I can.

I'm relocating to Florida in the summer and I have been looking for groups and organizations in the Tampa area.

Of the groups I have found it would seem NONE of them have heard of EN World (or Eric Noah). I was floored. I just thought everyone who played knew about this site.

So I have been passing and posting the link everywhere I can.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
I just try to be a nice member. Often critical, sometimes a bit hostile (my personality sometimes reers it's ugly head) but most of the times I'll try and voice my opinion, and hope someone else finds my advice/criticism/ideas/help useful.

Haven't given money yet, might do if needed after I graduate.

Rav

KDLadage

Explorer
Mithril-regretted it
I am on the fence with this book. I like it, it is usefull, but I have not made up my mind on the balance of some areas...

Traps & trickery-enjoyed it very much
One of the better buys I have made.

Book of Eldritch Might- great buy
Very, very good stuff.

Evil - still on the fenc with that one.
Don't have it.

However, have you looked over the EN World settings at all? Have you downloaded, for instance, the Daemonforge setting booklet? How about the Umbragia material? Malls and Morrons?

Last edited:

BluWolf

Explorer
I haven't down loaded any of hte EN world settings as I have been working and DMing my homebrew over the last year.

Our other Dm runs a highly customized Realms campaign.

And we keep working on the Earth 1066 setting.

Three worlds is about all we can swallow.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
In my opinion? I think you should buy stuff that's good. I don't think that you should buy stuff that isn't. If I write something that is crap, I'd feel bad about folks here buying it out of loyalty; I'd much have them tell me what they didn't like.

That being said, I think Of Sound Mind is cool! But I'm prejudiced. :D If you bought it (thank you!) and liked it, I'd welcome any comments.

I also think that if you can't afford something that someone here wrote, that the next best thing you can do is to tell your friends that it's worth buying. That way, maybe they'll run it for you!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads