• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Does 3.5 Haste Affect Monks?

NPC

First Post
The 3.5 version of Haste states that:

"When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. "

A buddy of mine thinks that since a monk doesn't really "hold" his unarmed attack, he is therefore not affected by Haste.

I realize that monk's hands are considered light weapons, and I believe my buddy is parsing the wording of the spell way too closely. I was wondering how you would counter his argument.

I believe that since a monk's unarmed attack is considered a light weapon, his unarmed attacks are indeed affected by 3.5 Haste. Am I wrong?

Thanks.

edit: One more thing: if a monk's unarmed attack isn't affected by 3.5 Haste, does this mean that neither are a Troll's claw attacks? Or any monsters natural weapons?

Last edited:

Ferret

Explorer
I hope so, but if it did it would be one for therehead, arm and elboe. Not forgeting the knee or the..anything else.

I liek the idea that you get 2 extra attacks for twf though.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Darklone said:
Yeah, I really hope they'll reword it... Otherwise there will be plenty two weapon fighters with new hope :D

Not sure about rewording it, but Andy Collins did say that even two-weapon fighters only get ONE extra attack, not one extra attack with each weapon.

Remove ads