Does anyone actually like Dragonborn and Tieflings?

Do you like Dragonborn and Tieflings?

• I love them both

Votes: 97 13.3%
  • I like them both

Votes: 228 31.3%
  • I love/like Dragonborn, not so much Tieflings

Votes: 59 8.1%
  • I love/like Tieflings, not so much Dragonborn

Votes: 97 13.3%
  • I dislike them both

Votes: 130 17.8%
  • I hate them both

Votes: 52 7.1%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 66 9.1%

Masquerade

First Post
I love dragonborn, but I am still ambivalent toward tieflings. There is a dragonborn PC in my game, but my players haven't shown much interest in tieflings, either.

I think I would rather have seen shadar-kai in the PHB to provide the Shadowfell side of the eladrins' Feywild coin.

I like them both. I am not sure they are necessary, but I like the elements they bring to the table.
Tieflings as creatures with a dark heritage, and the Dragonborn with their wandering Mercenary style culture.

To be honest, Dragonborn give me a certain... Klingon vibe. I like that. They have this mix of honorable warriors and a certain violent/rage-like attitude (extra damage when being bloodied).

Andor

First Post
I've had a soft spot in my heart for tieflings ever since the DiTerlizzi planesacpe stuff.

I'm glad 4e Tieflings got their charisma bonus back, but they look pretty silly now. But I voted for 'em anyway. :)

Dragonborn are... okay. I think I'd rather have T'skrang or plain old lizard men though.

Gundark

Explorer
I'm okay with Dragonborn. I like Tieflings. I was kinda "meh" on Dragonborn, however the players in my group loved them....3 out of the 5 are Dragonborn. So slowly my opinion has been changing.

Gundark

Explorer
I would have liked to see WotC retain the classic core classes in PHB I (inc. gnomes and half-orcs) and then in later PHBs, or even a Race book of its own, have other playable races like Dragonborn, Tieflings, Genasi, Drow, etc.

Funny I remember lots of half orc and gnome hate threads, now that they're gone people seem to love them.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Funny I remember lots of half orc and gnome hate threads, now that they're gone people seem to love them.

I never ever cared for half-orcs. Orcs IMC don't sleep with humans, they kill them.

I've always loved gnomes, though. And am frankly quite perplexed as to why they were removed in favor of these "alien" races.

I'm cool with Eladrin, although I prefer the term High Elf.

And I can only conclude that those who are OK with Tieflings and Dragonborn must not have any sort of established campaign world. Because AFAIK, no campaign world supported these kinds of races before 4th edition. These two races have no place in my world.

Cadfan

First Post
Now that they're gone, there's no reason to hate on them. So the haters are quiet, while the people who loved them are noisy.

In any case, put me down for loving both new races. Far better than dwarves.

"They're like humans, except short, fat, and heavy drinkers."
"So exactly like humans then?"
"... they have axes?"

Remove ads