D&D (2024) Does anyone else think that 1D&D will create a significant divide in the community?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
People don't like Tasha's? Aside from the additional subclasses, spells, and magic items (like Xanathar's had), it provided a bunch of optional rules that made the classes better (and vastly improved upon the Ranger), and it finally gave us an official Artificer.

Just don't get me started on the flexible +2/+1 ASI for character creation and their subsequent removal from the Races.
Well, Eberron gave us an official artificer, but it was nice that it was in Tasha's if you didn't buy that book.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
I don't see it as a hybrid.

I used hybrid, although without defining it explicitly, to mean that you incorporate an older version of an option and a newer option in the same game. I.e. if a party had both a PHB Ranger and a UA Ranger.

phuong

Explorer
Until an actual 6e comes out. Which I’m guessing you will call 7e.
I'm dying.

If the changes to 5e are superficial, then it is not a new edition. So far they have been pretty minor and a little boring and so hence its maybe a 5.5e but I don't think they can decide what to call it. D&D "Next" was never a thing, I don't think "One" is going to be a thing, its an insult to 1st edition.

Remove ads