• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does Anyone Know if This Kind of Game Exists...

Gronin

Explorer
I'm looking for a game like Axis & Allies, only D&D. Does anyone know of a game like that or if it exists?

If you mean is there a D & D wargame - then yes. There was Dragonlance Module 11 from the original Dragonlance modules. There was also a boxed set published for Greyhawk that played out the Greyhawk Wars.

I played the Dragonlance game once and seem to remember it being okay but to be honest it was a long time ago and while I own the Greyhawk Wars I have never played it.

Jools

First Post
I'm guessing he's looking for a game the other way around, a role playing game like D&D but set during WW2. If not, I can really recommend Conquest of Nerath, its a great wargame.

Oversquid

First Post
I'm guessing he's looking for a game the other way around, a role playing game like D&D but set during WW2. If not, I can really recommend Conquest of Nerath, its a great wargame.
Naw I was looking for something like Conquest of Nerath. Thanks though!

maybecca

First Post
Naw I was looking for something like Conquest of Nerath. Thanks though!

Then you've found it! Conquest of Nerath is really good, and it basically is D&D: A&A. Surprisingly well balanced too, given the way the undead stomp all over everyone in the first turn. The cards and magic items add some lovely flavour.

Edit: Also the box is amazingly well thought out for a boardgame box. This matters to me.

Aurumvorax

First Post
I wish Wizards would republish Birthright in 4E. Just like Gamma World was built around random card decks, a Birthright game would be built around a tabletop war game. Players can either adventure in traditional D&D style or turn to the board game to manage their domains and go to war.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads