• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Does D&D (and RPGs in general) Need Edition Resets?

Thomas Shey

Legend
I'm suggesting that you don't speak for the majority, because you have provided no proof to the contrary. I am not suggesting that I do, and never have. My preferences are just as meaningless as yours.

No, you're suggesting I'm incorrect beccause you don't want to think I'm right. Look around at other people who post in threads here and find out how many have had trouble with lack of errata in the past. I'm pretty comfortable you'd find the responses a lot closer to my position than yours, which seems to be that it doesn't matter.

mamba

Legend
Yes it's quite annoying. There really should be a change log printed in the back of the book when they do that. Otherwise it feels like they're trying to get away with something.
I'd prefer they publish errata as a separate document on the web, then you know what changed and you do not need the new book for them. No need to waste page space on a change tracker

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
No, you're suggesting I'm incorrect beccause you don't want to think I'm right. Look around at other people who post in threads here and find out how many have had trouble with lack of errata in the past. I'm pretty comfortable you'd find the responses a lot closer to my position than yours, which seems to be that it doesn't matter.
I have never heard people complaining about a lack of errata in D&D, true. My philosophy is that you look for a fix to your issue, or come up with one yourself. You don't complain that WotC hasn't fixed it for you in the way you want. If you have issues with the rules, 3pp and/or DIY are my answers.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I'd prefer they publish errata as a separate document on the web, then you know what changed and you do not need the new book for them. No need to waste page space on a change tracker
I'd rather they had both. I don't want to be forced to go online.

Thomas Shey

Legend

With physical product, that's probably the most practical way. It can get cumbersome if there's a lot of it, but there's not much help for that.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I have never heard people complaining about a lack of errata in D&D, true. My philosophy is that you look for a fix to your issue, or come up with one yourself. You don't complain that WotC hasn't fixed it for you in the way you want. If you have issues with the rules, 3pp and/or DIY are my answers.

This is wonderful if you're a GM and can force a change. Now ask how much of the gaming populace are GMs compared to players who have no such option.

You absolutely sure about that bolded part? Because your posting history would seem to show a different take.

Remove ads