• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does EN World have any ownership claim over ideas posted on this site?

VikingLegion

Explorer
With the advent of DM's Guild - first with Forgotten Realms and setting-neutral material, then the addition of Ravenloft (and now I'm hearing rumors that Dragonlance is fair game?) - I'm wondering if people have taken things they've originally posted on this site and tried to move them over there. By posting an idea on EN World - whether it's an adventure seed, a new spell, a Prestige Class or Variant Class, etc. - in any of the subforums, is the poster giving over control or ownership (full or partial) of their idea(s) to whoever runs/admins this site? The reason I ask is that I have a concept I'm thinking of writing about on this site that doesn't quite fit the criteria for DM's Guild. I fully understand the chances of this idea ever amounting to anything is almost infinitesimally small, but it would still be nice to know that discussing it on EN World doesn't amount to some kind of implicit forfeiture of creative rights.

Attachments

• DDW02-StepBrothers.jpg
    DDW02-StepBrothers.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads