D&D 5E Does Prestidigitation Break the Law of Conservation of Energy?

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Simple question, but the consequences are a bit strange.

If you use Prestidigitation to clean an object . . . what happens to the "dirtiness" on it? Is it just magically destroyed? Is it teleported somewhere else? Is it somehow melded into the object you clean?

Of course.
Luckily you have different plains of existence do steal from or donate to.
I wonder if the Positive Elemental Plane can ever run out of positive energy, if it keeps creating more ex nihilo, or it creates some kind of cosmic imbalance that allows the Negative Elemental Plane to consume everything? I suppose the ones above AO can just make up whatever answer they want.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
having read Fizban's and noted that items left in a dragon horde become magical over time. I have come to the conclusion that magic is generated by Dragon excreta. I also hypothesize that depletion of too much magic generates Dragon eggs to rebalance the field.
It also explains the lack noticeable effects of overuse of wish. Overuse of which, and the resulting debilitation of the caster causes a dragon to show up and eat them.
So I propose that in a magical universe the conserved element is dragons.
Ungainly Titans law of the conservation of Dragons.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
The Energy goes in and out the Weave/Force/Aether/Rift/Source/SW.

The Gods of Magic monitor this and let the excess return to the plane elsewhere.

That's why the worlds without magic gods tend to magic weird magic. No one to manage the magic energy.

Horwath

Legend
maybe it's E=mc2.

Casters can utilize direct mass to energy conversion on a small scale.

Maybe they like gold so much as it's dense so it takes less volume.

then again one gold coin in direct mass to energy would be around 15× Little boy.

Remove ads