• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

does your party have a name

dagger

Adventurer
Company of the Angry Centaur.

We had a pc who died, and was reincarnated as a centaur, he was angry all the time after that....heh. Thats been the party name for awhile now.

Sodalis

First Post
group name

One guy in our group has dubbed himself "Dragon slayer"

That is because every time we go up against a dragon, he is the one that lands the final death blow.

Since I have killed one too, I could say that the name ""dragon slayer" can relate to two out of three people now. That would make a majority.
Third guy is a rogue

Skald

First Post
I recall playing in an old Forgotten Realms campaign where we called our group the Knights of Myth Drannor, largely because our DM at the time had the old box set and came up with a lot of dungeons for us to explore. Our characters managed to develop a reputation for surviving the ruins, and pretty soon we became involved in a number of adventures (and misadventures) from employers contracting us to recover lost artifacts and heirlooms.

The idea can be worth pursuing in the right campaign.

Ruined

Explorer
No, and I wish they did. They work for a retired adventuring party's business, called the Fiery Blades. Some citizens refer to them as the Blades, but they've yet to adopt their own, individual name.

If I let them have a moment's rest, they're planning on starting up a tavern, so that might push them to make a name for themselves.

coyote6

Adventurer
Usually, our parties end up with names, if only so that we the players know what to call 'em ("Hey, what are we doing Saturday? Which campaign?").

The three groups with names:

The Riders of the Axe (someone asked, "Who are you people?" and the drunken cleric of Clangeddin clinging to his saddle answered)

The Company of the Sparrow (named after Keoland's copper coin -- the party twice found 250-odd pound-piles of copper coins as the only real "treasure", so the name's rather ironic :) )

The Enigmatic Eight (nobody could think of a name, we didn't have much in the way of common goals or purposes, and the group's size varied between 6-9; basically, the name is meaningless)

EverSoar

First Post
I guess, I want a name for the group. So for like reputation purposes they know who we are. And it makes us easier to find, good or bad i guess.

Plus, we don't really have a reason to be a group, we just are. I guess having a name, is more formal, and we can actualy think of ourselves as a group.

Talath

Explorer
In the Return to the Tomb of Horrors 3e game I'm running, I like to affectionately refer to the party of players as "You bastards" :D

Black Omega

First Post
Our first Campaign had The Heroic Trio plus friends. Mostly because we had one adventure where only three of us showed up and createdsome serious havok. The other two games so far the group has not come up with names.

adndgamer

First Post
Only one of the groups I've DMed for came up with a party name, and that was only to be a chartered adventuring company. Other than that, no.

On a similar note, does anybody have gaming group names for themselves? Like in KODT?

Remove ads