• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

does your party have a name

Kal Vito

First Post
im not sure if this question has been asked before but-

does your adventuring party have a name.....

im not thrilled with the idea but... a member of our party has raised the question should we have a group name. He thinks it could help with reputation and so on.

if your party does have name please share

Last edited:

Carnifex

First Post
Group names are a good idea IMO, especially for reinforcing the coherence of the party.

In my Planescape campaign the party ended up being called 'Naskha & Co.' after the incredibly egotistical tiefling sorceror PC, as they set themselves up as hireable mercenaries in Sigil. In my current campaign, they haven't even all gotten together yet so a name is a bit out of the question just yet, but at some point I'll have some NPC ask them what they call themselves if they still haven't thought of a name by then.

Rashak Mani

First Post
Yep there was a thread or two about that... most had names that originated from their deeds... like the Defenders of this or that....

Many groups dont have name thou... in D&D of course...

We had the "Brothers in Arms"... 3 out of the 4 had Cleric Lvls :) besides we liked the Dire Straits song too.

Crothian

First Post
My Bard named the group Tag Trickster's Trio. My Bard is of course Tag Trickster. THe others have yet to adopt the name, but that's only a matter of time. :)

Tom Cashel

First Post
The party I DM: Company of the Wolf, or just Wolf Company.

But ever since they graciously gave one of the village widows a small pouch of gold, they've been called "Company of the Coin" in town, much to their chagrin.

:) Heh.

Dungeon Master

First Post
The group that I have the privilege of DMing for calls themselves the Wolf Pack. The barbarian/cleric in the group worships a god known as Balien Wolf - oddly enough he is also somewhat of a party leader thus the name was coined....

DM

madriel

First Post
Well, my party agreed to a set watch list. Then we got a standard marching order. Some day, maybe, we'll agree on battle tactics.

Then we might start thinking about a name. If we survive that long.:)

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Some of the people I game with used to play in campaign where they were called the Trio of Destruction- of dragons, which they killed often and took their hoards.

Remove ads