• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doing the GSL. Who?

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Necromancer certainly is. They've all ready got products announced.

Likely doing some stuff for 4e. Clark's still working out the details. Tome 4e isn't gonna happen it looks like. Clark's said that in a few places already. NG isn't willing to give up or sacrifice the Tome line for the craptastic stuff that makes up the GSL.

GSL or just 4e compatible? Looks like Kenzer is blazing a trail in simply using existing copyright/trademark law without the GSL and now I'm hearing of potentially others following in their footsteps.

But that's only relevent depending on your question. If you're just wondering "who's going to produce third party products I could use with 4e" then you don't care if they're using the GSL or not, do you?

thundershot

Adventurer
Likely doing some stuff for 4e. Clark's still working out the details. Tome 4e isn't gonna happen it looks like. Clark's said that in a few places already. NG isn't willing to give up or sacrifice the Tome line for the craptastic stuff that makes up the GSL.

The thing is... what's to stop you guys from just doing what Kenzer is doing and making a 4E monster book? People generally don't care what it's called. Or you can just make it a different line... I really really really want a Necro 4E monster book....

Chris

helium3

First Post
GSL or just 4e compatible? Looks like Kenzer is blazing a trail in simply using existing copyright/trademark law without the GSL and now I'm hearing of potentially others following in their footsteps.

But that's only relevent depending on your question. If you're just wondering "who's going to produce third party products I could use with 4e" then you don't care if they're using the GSL or not, do you?

Actual GSL. That's sorta why I'm asking, really. This whole GSL vs. 4E thing is really interesting and I'm trying to get a sense of what the relative inclination for one vs. the other is.

Remove ads