• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dollhouse #2:The Target/Season 1 2009

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
dollhouse.jpg

The Target

Writers:Steven S. DeKnight

Director:Steven S. DeKnight

Stars:Eliza Dushku (Echo)
Tahmoh Penikett (Paul Ballard)
Olivia Williams (Adelle DeWitt)
Fran Kranz (Topher Brink)
Harry J. Lennix (Boyd Langton)
Enver Gjokaj (Lubov)
Dichen Lachman (Sierra)

Recurring Role:Amy Acker (Dr. Claire Saunders)
Guest Star:Mark A. Sheppard (Tanaka)
Karina Michel (Lubov's Girl)

Echo becomes the ultimate outdoorswoman when she is is hired by a handsome young client named Richard, but it may turn out that neither of the pair is what they seem to be. Meanwhile, Agent Ballard receives a clue about Echo's past, and we learn about Dr. Saunders' scars

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
I caught the first episode on Hulu and liked it. Caught this last night. I liked it, but honestly I'm less interested in the persona of the week plot and more interested in the two big metaplot threads: Alpha and the FBI angent, which have a lot more potential for long term drama.

Andre

First Post
Anyone else feel like this should have been the real first episode, rather than the second? A lot of background, introduction of the characters, beginnings of actual interaction between the characters and honest to goodness concern for each other.

I'm not criticising - I liked this one better than the first for exactly those reasons, but it makes me wonder why they led off with the other story first...

LightPhoenix

First Post
Anyone else feel like this should have been the real first episode, rather than the second? A lot of background, introduction of the characters, beginnings of actual interaction between the characters and honest to goodness concern for each other.

I too thought this episode was much better than the first. However, I don't think this would have worked well for a pilot episode, aside from some of the background information.

That said, I thought the tension from the hunting could have been ratcheted up a little. I didn't really feel like characters were in danger, so it was difficult to care. Also, with Echo not having a lasting personality (thus far), it's hard to have anything with her resonate. Luckily, I felt she was mostly a secondary character to Langton in this episode.

Krug

Newshound
Much better. Agreed it wouldn't have worked as well as a pilot. Definitely more entertaining and much tighter than the first episode.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
To entertain the masses. Or to make money for the network. Take your pick. :D

Thank you, but I am serious.

I still am not seeing where the show is going. If it is about bringing down the Dollhouse, or Alpha or Echo keeping her memories, then fine but I don't need 1/2 the show being Echo on assignment. If it is supposed to be a Dushku action vehicle it is wasting too much time on the sub-plots. If it wants to be everything, it is not working because everything is being shorted.

So far the only character I care about is the handler, but it is not his show. Another problem is that after 2 episodes the only person's name I remember is Echo's, and that isn't even really her name.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads