Domhani Bairdéir 03

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Domhani Bairdéir 03

Welcome to the next chapter! Here we start the 'new and (hopefully) improved HERO game set in the land of Domhan. At this point the game is closed, but anyone looking in who has comments or feedback is welcome to e-mail me at mc-patterson@hotmail.com!

Previous threads of the game were posted as Domhani Ambrethel and Domhani Ambrethel II. PCs remain at Domhani Ambrethel Characters, and the out of character thread is (of course) Domhani Ambrethel OOC.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Approaching Tearmann

The weary group travels for four days through the mountains of FásachFiántas and the city state of Tearmann, now capitol of the unified country. The great holy peak Áit Naofa is an overshadowing presence to the East throughout the journey.

About 15 miles to the southwest of the city, you begin to see more people along the road. Homesteads increase in numbers, primarily dedicated to the raising of hardy cattle and sheep, as well as swine.

Five miles out from Tearmann, you are met by a man in Queen's livery, which bears insignia of a horse with winged ankles.

“Merry met, travelers! I am Abracham, of the Queen’s Mharcaíochta, her Messengers. I’ve been sent to make sure you find your way safely to the palace – the Queen is anxiously awaiting your report!”

Abracham looks to be in his late thirties, with dark hair graying at the temples and sun darkened, leathery skin with many smile lines. He sits his horse with confidence, and the obviously well trained animal moves not an inch as you approach.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Approaching Tearmann

OOC:

You guys don't have an emblem as such, or any kind of livery. You were each given a black iron ring about 1/2 inch wide. He wears no such ring.

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

"Merry met indeed, Abracham. I am Gavril Lorant." He pauses to give the others a chance to announce themselves as they wish and then continues. "We are very eager to meet with the her highness. However, there is another matter I'd like to attend to first if you can arrange it." There is a note of considerable urgency in his voice. "We have been in the field for sometime now and really need the services of a bath house and a laundry before we can be presented to the Queen." He looks wistful for a moment and adds, "I would like the chance to meet with a proper tailor and discuss current court fashion, but I suppose that there simply isn't time, more's the pity. Tell me at least what colors does the Queen favor?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Abracham

"I think that can be arranged! We want you to be at your best for your first meeting, after all! I take it there is nothing in your report she must know of right away?

Court livery for Bairdéir (or Bairdéir in training) is black and green, but of course you don't have your uniforms yet. Besides, Queen's agents arriving from the field are often required to report immediately, and often don't have time to change into uniform if their assignment required them not to wear one."

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

Gavril seems to positively excited about the prospect of a bath and a new uniform. "Very good. Let's make haste then."

arkansasdave

First Post
Béar

to the party: "My Queen sent us on this mission designed specifically for me. I am not one to take my ruler's confidence lightly, and I am not one to make my ruler wait."

to Abracham: "We need to see her immediately if that is her custom."

OOC: hey guys! jet lag is a b*#@^.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Abracham

"In this case, I believe the Queen will understand - as long as there is nothing urgent in your report. If it is time sensitive, we should get you to Queen Máthair first. I'll leave it up to your discretion."

With that, Abracham withdraws slightly to give at least the illusion of privacy to your discussion.

Remove ads