D&D 5E Dominaria United Article mentions D&D (MtG & D&D) Wizard's Presents

So an event that covers D&D and MTG has promotional material that covers both?

Gods I hope they don't combine the settings.

I found out some spoilers about Dominaria United that form my main hypothesis on how the two settings (MtG & D&D) might end up connected.

The Phyrexians invade Dominaria via there own version of Kaldheim's World Tree, which they made using stolen Tyrite, called Realmsbreaker which connects Planes like the World Tree connects realms in Kaldheim. Apparently New Phyrexia formily known as Mirrodin, has been transformed into 9 spheres like Old Phyrexia, with the 9the realm being called Seedcore where Realmsbreaker grows. I think Realmsbreaker could end up going beyond the blind eternities to link the Blind Eternities to the Great Wheel Axis

Last edited:

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Eh... here's my thing:

Have D&D in Magic. Release Magic settings for D&D. It'll work -great-. I've wanted it since I first started playing D&D since I was playing Magic at the time, too, and often used cards as inspirations for encounters and adventures. (Kobolds of Kher Keep was a fun minidungeon, I promise!)

But don't take Magic stuff and put it into the current D&D settings as an "Update" or "New Feature". That would be lame.

It's reasonable conjecture, but we don't know anything. All of the basis for a GiantsLance Setting could also point to a Fizban's for Giants splatbook. Whi h may be something thst we hear about here, but we don't know anything.

We have the book on Giants it's Volo's Guide to Monsters. They've been slowly building up to the First World setting, we know they are working on 2 new setting that aren't MtG settings.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
We have the book on Giants it's Volo's Guide to Monsters. They've been slowly building up to the First World setting, we know they are working on 2 new setting that aren't MtG settings.
Volo's is Legacy content. Again, we don't knowthat a Giants Fizban is coming, but it is just as much a reasonable conjecture as a GiantsLance. Point is, we don't know, we have a couple data points that suggest a range of possibilities.

Remove ads