Don't laugh..... it's here.

Jon Potter

First Post
Hairy Minotaur said:
Twelve trolls sit upon the dirt floor all chant a prayer to Vaprak, while a large ogre stands upon a dais, the ogre armor is covered in dried blood and four chains are linked to his armor at the waist, at the end of each chain stands an emaciated elven child.

Hey... I recognize this guy. :D

This should be interesting for Finrod.

Choices, kill a child or surrender all hope.

Finrod stares with bitter hatred at the far side of the room, his mind shows him sprinting down the narrow space between the cauldrons and into the short hallway. His blade flashing brightly as he charges the grinning ogre and plunges his sun blade between the ogre's ears.

The ogre's body slides off limply as the rest of the party mops up the disorganized and confused troll acolytes. He releases the hanging elves and the chained children, he is revered as a hero to all elfdom and lives out his days in relative comfort.

His wishful thinking is drawn back as the voice of Korg rips into his mind.

"That too many stinky trolls, Korg take four and Gronar take four, what Pokey going to take? Pokey not even handle bleeding troll that was lying still on ground all by itself." Korg blasts

"Well if we've come this far only to give up now, then let us return to my maze. No?"

"Here, here! A fine offer if I never heard one. Let us retire to a more fitting realm than one so close to the sky, inside this accursed pine prison." Lothred the pale teifling speaks up

"For once I am in agreement with the sickly one, for I too feel the pull of my native earth wane the greater we ascend in this place." Omar agrees

"Pfft, Just like a dwarf to give up when glory in within sights. Find the treasure, leave it for the next person to gawk over." Ratchet comments

Ratchet's comments cause himself and Omar to begin a shouting match over past digressions. Korg turns and watches Finrod stoically peering up at the exit to the room, the wise giant sees glimpses of his own destiny within the gray pony-tailed hair of a man who has already lived four times as long as Korg.

"No, Korg not going without making sure smelly ogre know name of giant who wiped smile off smelly ogre's face." Korg unsheathes his weapon and walks up behind Finrod.

"Elfy charge in first, Korg be right behind." The hill giant states

Gronar joins them, as does Luciann, Paquito and Sillaqui. Lothred, Ratchet, Omar and Dur stand silently as they watch the rest of the party approach the altar room. Korg holds up his hand calling for those following him to stop. Finrod feels the presence of Korg no longer behind him and stops as well to see what the hold up is.

When the party halts to Korg's request, Dur rushes up and stands next to Paquito.

"Korg have couple of Umtala blessings to help us win." Korg announces much to Finrod's resolve.

"You guys can stand here and spit on each other the rest of your lives, I go to put a fork in my hatred of my captors." Ratchet says and gallops down the corridor towards Gronar, who lifts him up on his back and into position.

Korg completes a prayer spell as well as a shield of faith , Ratchet infuses Gronar with the extra strength of a bull. Korg then nods at Finrod and the party prepares to fill the altar room with the blood of a dozen trolls.

Finrod looses a primal scream and races through the doorway and around a short bend. He raises his blade as he rounds the last turn, hoping to clip the back of a troll's neck as he charges towards the armored ogre. His expectations however get drastically cut short as Finrod charges into an empty room, save for the altar inhabitants.

This unexpected outcome causes Finrod to pull up short and only advance to the midpoint of the room. The rest of the party follows suit and fan out alongside Finrod in the middle of the room.

"Where stinky trolls go?" Korg wonders aloud

"They are safe, I couldn't have you killing more petitioners then you've already managed to. I'm afraid your little party of marauding through my home has come to an abrupt end." The ogre speaks through a severe underbite, so that his mouth can support two large incisors that sprout from his lower jaw and frame his nose on each side. The elven children look pitifully close to death as they seem to stand not of their own free will, almost as if they are supported through the magic of the ogre's armor.

The suspended and bleeding elves twist and turn to catch a glimpse of who has entered the room. A few of them open their mouths to offer a prayer to their respective deities, only to have a massive blood clot spill forth instead as their shorn tongues fail to deliver any sound other than a deep gurgle.

Finrod sheathes his sword and pulls forth his bow of light and fires an arrow at the head of the ogre, the arrow dives at the last second and pangs harmlessly off the ogre's right shoulder guard.

"Ha, ha, ha! The little brother has come to take back what is now mine? Surely your dying race can find a better champion than a scared little hermit." The ogre laughs

"Gronar show you power smelly ogre!" Gronar shouts and draws his greatsword.

"My dear child, what have I done to displease you so? Do you yourself not strive for power that what denied your family for generations, do you not wield the power primal as your battle cry? Come take my hand and I show lead you to the path of the incarnate!" Shouts the ogre

"No Gronar pretty sure Gronar just going to kick smelly ogre butt." Gronar turns down the ogre's offer

"I'm afraid you were not offered a choice, now give me your hand." The ogre decrees

Gronar smirks at the ogre and lowers the tip of his greatsword at the ogre. Gronar then feels an odd pulling at his hands, he quickly retracts his hands only to find one hand didn't come back with his arm.

Gronar's left hand is torn from his wrist and floats stationary in midair before the giant. Gronar quickly grasps his vacant stump as blood spills forth in a torrent of red. Gronar's freed hand then forms a fist that plows into the face of Gronar, breaking the giant's nose and causing a trickle of blood to snake down Gronar's face.

Korg points at the ogre and intones a spell while he challenges the ogre, "Umtala will smite smelly ogre with sun!" the searing light spell completed, a bright line of light shoots forth from Korg's finger and bathes the ogre in it's divine heat.

The ogre laughs as the back right chained elven child burns to a crisp and falls through it's collar, collapsing in a blackened husk upon the altar.

"Ha! Umtala shall bend over and present Vaprak with her seed, your god will be reduced to a mere vessel for bearing Vaprak's children." The ogre taunts

Lothred sneaks around the right flank of the party and launches an acid blast at the ogre, the acid splashes against the ogre, who laughs off the weak attempt. The back left elven child however screams in agony as it's flesh is melted off it's emaciated body polling at it's now skeletal feet. It's bones soon follow as they slip past the neck collar and crash to the altar.

The far right suspended elf catches a great deal of the blast as well and dies wailing as it's flesh is melted and burned off the side of it's body that was facing the ogre. Finrod gives a angry glare to Lothred who shrugs and mouths "Collateral damage."

"We can't attack him! We'll kill all the children!" Finrod cries

Gronar's freed hand snatches Gronar's neck and begins to squeeze, Gronar tries to pry the hand off with his right hand while still holding onto his greatsword. Ratchet helps out by kicking at the emancipated hand's fingers, while holding onto Gronar's greasy hair as a tether.

"There must be some other way, what do we do troll?" Omar demands of Dur

Dur signals to Omar by tracing a line across his neck with his right index finger. The symbolism is not lost on Omar as his stomach drops to his knees and his throat becomes tight with fear.

Last edited:

Well, the database error has wiped out the last 5 months of my updates as well, I do not have saved copies anywhere, so I can either continue with the sorty and those that have read the adventure will at least have a general idea of what was missed. Or try to compile a short little recap of what happened and where we are now.

Obviously the next update is a big step forward in the timeline. I'll let any who wish to voice their oppinion decide what I do next.

BTW the splint is off and the update was done Sunday night, so at least I didn't lose that one. :)

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I've been searching google cache, I've been searching the web archive web.archive.org, and still not found any cache of this story. Not sure if Akamai would cache something this long. If I'd known you didn't have a copy of it all, I would have been archiving it. :( :( :(

I'm just not sure what to think at this point. I'm sad for the missing parts of your story hour, but I can't see trying to reproduce all of that work. You were posting quite often there for a while.

GW

BTW, congrats on getting the cast off.

spacehulkster

First Post
"I'll let any who wish to voice their oppinion decide what I do next."

I say you bring back the campaign.
Not that your new campaign isn't fun and interesting.
I just miss playing a minotaur. OK ok, I miss the bull$#*+ too! :lol:

Well, it's my own fault really. My computer is old (more like ancient) and I just ran out of storage space. I had an initial story hour on here that Jon visited a lot that is taking up a lot of space. I think even if I can't store my posts, maybe I can print it out and at least keep a copy that way to repost.

spacehulkster- You just never know who Tehas will meet..... :]

and it's not that the campaign has ended, it's on hiatus. After that last session and the current make up of the party, it would be like starting over. 'Course the party already has a base of operations. ;)

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I'll be happy to archive it at any point. I have some spare disk space in several places. The other is gmail. Beyond just e-mailing yourself the text files. Gmail storage is huge, I'd be happy to send you an invite. There are modules you can download to use Gmail as storage space. No need to rely totally on that aging computer.

GW

Jon Potter

First Post
Hairy Minotaur said:
I'll let any who wish to voice their oppinion decide what I do next.

Well, I'm selfishly inclined. I already read all the stuff that got wiped, so I'd rather see a recap and just then have you start with fresh material. That'll obviously cut down on the SH's accessability to new readers, but frankly I imaging that we'll see a lot of this sort of thing with a great many SHs.

I had an initial story hour on here that Jon visited a lot that is taking up a lot of space.

And if you ever want to tell me what became of Tharhack, et al, I'm all ears... er... eyes... er... yu know what I mean.

Well that was an easy vote count, looks like I'll do a recap up to the new post and then take it from there. :)

and Jon.... I still have a link to the old story hour, I just may have to finish their tale.

Remove ads