• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC- Alpha Group

kinem

Adventurer
Leif, my advice would be cleric or druid. We don't need a fighter, we need a healer. Either class also can get funky powers (domains; druid can get one instead of animal companion). I think it's core Pathfinder only so favored soul is out.

Leif

Adventurer
Leif, my advice would be cleric or druid. We don't need a fighter, we need a healer. Either class also can get funky powers (domains; druid can get one instead of animal companion). I think it's core Pathfinder only so favored soul is out.
*sigh* Ok, I'll bite the bullet and play the cleric AGAIN. Assuming, that is, that I am allowed to enter the game at all. Yeah, I had a momentary lapse there and forgot that this game was PF and not 3.5. OOOPS!

I gotta come up with something really cool to do to my cleric to make him stand out from the crowd! Hmmm, much thought is required. But, you know, I have been wanting to play around with the Domain Powers and stuff in PF, so maybe I'll find something that grabs me thoroughly.

Shayuri

First Post
Leif, the Pathfinder clerics are pretty different! Check 'em out.

Alternatively, try a druid. They can be almost as good as a cleric for healing.

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks, Shayuri. I checked it out, and I think I like Sarenrae, N/G, goddess of Sun, Redemption, Honesty, Healing. I would choose Fire and Healing as domains, and definitely weild a scimitar.

Druids are ok, but I think I like the cleric better.;)

Again, IF I was selected, my character would look something like this:

Jerrigan Arbordelve
Human (Male) Cleric, N/G
Deity: Sarenrae
Domains:
Fire (domain power at 1st level, Fire Bolt - ranged touch for 1d6+1/2levels),
Healing (domain power at 1st level, Rebuke Death - dying subject regains 1d4 hp)

S 13 +1
D 14+2(human)=16 +3
C 14 +2
I 12 +1
W 15 +2
C 11 +0

HP: 24 (14+2+8)

Scale Mail (+4)
Heavy Wooden Shield (+2) | AC=19 =10+4+2+3(dex)
Scimitar (1d6, crit 18-20)
Silver Holy Symbol
Traveler's Outfit
Hooded Lantern
3 Flasks of Oil
Backpack

Money Left 7 gp, 7sp (Assumed average funds for class, 140gp)

Spells Prepared:
0 Level: Detect Magic, Guidance, Resistance
1 Level: Bless, Summon Monster I

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Maybe I need to visit a therapist, but I do so hope that my Jerrigan is permitted to be abused and just generally maltreated by the 'prickly' Maya. (Shayuri probably always suspected that I was/am a masochist, and I have seemed to be only too happy to oblige!)

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Leif,

Good to have you on board. Sorry not to greet you sooner but I've been away for a couple of weeks. Character looks fine to me, thanks to everyone else for fielding comments. Now that you've gone and created him, and looking back on the earlir posts, I might have allowed Favoured Soul, although you'd need to send me details. The Beta group have a character classes from PHB2 and Dragon Magic, plus a race from Arcana Evolved, so I'm not Pathfinder exclusive. However, I *am* quite interested in playtesting PF so I'd prefer a PF class. Plus you've gone and done the work now.

I should be back in the posting seat tomorrow, but as usual when returning from holiday I'm sure there'll be a load of mess to clear up at work :)

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks, Dr. Si, happy to be aboard! (Even though Shayuri's in this game, too. :p)

Yes, I wouldn't trade Jerrigan for a Favored Soul now, anyway. :erm:

In other fortuitous news, this game is going to get going just as we get the news that Walking Dad won't be on ENWorld indefinitely, so his game that I was playing in ist kaput!

Remove ads