• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Axel

First Post
Well, that's a good sight more gold than I was expecting...

Semi-final shopping list:
- Swapping MW Rapier for Rapier+1 Bane vs Humans.
- Swapping mithril chain shirt for mithril chain shirt +1.

Buying (6509gp to spend)
- Belt of incredible dexterity +2 (4000gp). I preferred them being gloves, but anyway... Black and supple leather, small silver buckle that looks like a pouncing cat.
- Universal solvent (50 gp)
- 2 smokesticks (40 gp)
- Thunderstone (30 gp)
- 3 sets of clothes (say 5gp each = 15gp)
- 1 set of party clothes (courtier's outfit, 30 gp)
Running-total: 4165gp

Say, spend 200gp on "living large".
Running-total 4365gp

Must upgrade the bathroom at the orphanage. Not sure on the pricing, but fancy stone panels and flagstones are what Mhairi has in mind. Nominal 500 gp?
Running-total 4665gp

Would also like to purchase a small 1-bed apartment near a major gate or the docks, if possible. Unsure on prices 1000 gp??

Character sheet being updated with level 7 and above purchases (excluding renovations and new apartment).

Kaodi

Hero
The incense of meditation is actually worth a crap tonne. Should we sell it (at 4900 gp x 3) or hold on to it in case we ever have another memorization divine spellcaster?

Anyway, with the 2500 gp from the Marshall and from fencing enemy equipment 2994 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp, I guess I will go ahead and get my +1 mithral agile breastplate, which costs 5400 gp. For visual purposes let us perhaps say that while it is mithral it is has a brassy coloured enamel. That just leaves 44 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp from that initial sell off, plus 125 gp from selling the shirt I was using. This is almost certainly going to be one of my pieces that I pay to upgrade gradually over the course of the campaign.

Just let me know what my share of the other loot we sell off is and I will add that to my sheet as well. I am guessing the candelabra, skull, the gems, and the rare non-magical incense can all be sold at full price, but I am not sure. If it can, that is equivalent to another 560 gp, 6 sp apiece, I guess. You guys should split all the potions.

And one final question of utmost importance: How much of the wine do we drink, ;) ?

Axel

First Post
The incense of meditation is actually worth a crap tonne. Should we sell it (at 4900 gp x 3) or hold on to it in case we ever have another memorization divine spellcaster?
Sell it. Money in the bank now, new memorisation caster can kill their own self-resurrecting devil-woman.

And one final question of utmost importance: How much of the wine do we drink, ;) ?
All of it!! Mhairi didn't buy a 30gp dress just to keep it in the cupboard. :)

Kaodi

Hero
Sell it. Money in the bank now, new memorisation caster can kill their own self-resurrecting devil-woman.
Then that should be an extra uncontroversial 1837.5 gp apiece we can now add to all of our sheets. Or in my case, 837.5 gp and a +1 bonus to my shield.

All of it!! Mhairi didn't buy a 30gp dress just to keep it in the cupboard. :)
That settles that then, :D .

Dr Simon

Explorer

I have visions of the scene from Black Books,, when Manny and Bernard accidentally drink a bottle of really expensive wine and a counter appears in the corner of the screen that tots up how much money they spend with each drink.

I would add a link to a video, but the copyright nazis seem to have been on youtube.

Kaodi

Hero
So, what's the total then?
---------
7332.25 gp?

Yeah, plus a possible 560.6. I figure most of everything else after that will be kept.

Edit: You can probably just keep the proceeds from selling Edmond's +1 chain shirt w/ Edmond. There is never a time in the campaign where treasure values cannot be evened out between party members, so I would not worry about it right now.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Maybe it would be more prudent to make a list of what I think we are keeping and who is holding on to it. Just copy paste and add in what you have already taken: for instance, I thought someone already got the amulet of natural armour when we first picked it up.

plaguebringer masks - one for each of us and the rest for allies
+1 human bane rapier - Mhairi
potion of remove disease
flask of curses - Ignatius
+1 mithral shirt - Mhairi
+1 amulet of natural armour
wand of magic missile (43 charges, CL3rd) - Manachan, I am guessing
cloak of resistance +1 - Ignatius
headband of intellect +2 - Edmond
ring of protection +1
unguent of timelessness (6 doses) - Ignatius
9 potion of cure moderate wounds - 3 apiece for the rest of you?
+1 breastplate - Edmond
cloak of resistance +2 - Edmond
proprietery brand wisdom-increasing headband +2 - Manachan
onyx holy symbol worth 200 gp - Ignatius, for safekeeping
wand of cure serious wounds (37 charges) - Ignatius, party use
wand of remove disease (8 charges) - Ignatius, party use, I think I had this listed on my character sheet as only have 5 charges now
four healer's kits - expended during downtime
12 bottles of rare wine worth 14 gp each - PARTY TIME!
coins to the value 11 pp, 40 gp, 58 sp, 160 cp - split between us (accounted for already in the 560.6 I calculated)

Are you going to post the first reply to the new thread [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION]?

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond took Cloak of resistance +1 when we picked it up. He will exchange it for +2 version since nobody seems to be clamoring for it.

Remove ads