Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
The remaining shark looms out the murky waters again at Ignatius, who bats it with his morningstar but, an spinning to keep his eye on the creature, loses his balance in the water. Again it grazes him with its teeth, almost like a cat playing with a mouse. Ignatius gets anothr swipe at its tail as it passes, but the alien environment hinders him.

Meanwhile the hag moves forward and jabs at Manachan with a two-pronged spear. He deftly sidesteps this but doesn't account for her iron-hard claws on the other hand, which draw blood.

[sblock=OOC]
Ignatius - Swim check 4+0=4, fail.
Ignatius - Morningstar attack on Shark #1, 12+5-2=15, hit for 1d8+2=7 -> 3 damage.
Shark #1 - Bite attack on Ignatius hits for 5 damage.
Ignatius - AoO 2+5-2=5, miss.

Hag - shortspear attack on Manachan, miss. Claw attack on Manachan, hit for 5 damage.

Next:
Manachan
Mhairi
Edmond
Ignatius.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Shipwreck 4.jpg
    Shipwreck 4.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 53

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan winces as the hag's claws pierce the protection of his spell and rake his side. But he takes heart from Mhairi's defiant shout and reaches out in an attempt to wrap the hag in a grapple.

[sblock=Actions]Grapple (1d20+1=4)[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi dithers again, I've never been in a proper fight, with magic and stuff. This is just plain frightening! Only one way to end it though, she thinks to herself. Watching Manachan flail around in the water trying to grab hold of the weedy creature that surely must be controlling the sharks. Well, here goes nothing...

Lifting her rapier in front of her face and inline with her body she swims straight at the hag, hoping against hope that it was distracted enough not to jab her with the spear.

OOC: Attack vs hag. Will make full attack if close enough to do so (difficult to work it out on the basis of the map). Net result: extra attack roll (w/ starknife), rapier attack roll becomes 8+6=14

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Manachan moves in to grab the hag but all he gets are a few strands of slimy wrack. The hag sidesteps and tries to cuff him with her free claw but Manachan is too skilled to give her the opening. Mhairi moves into the gap, striking with rapier and starknife, but her attacks fail to penetrate the strange seaweed-armour.

[sblock=OOC]
Manachan - grapple attempt, miss.
Mhairi - rapier attack, miss. Starknife attack 3+5=8, miss.

There is enough space for Mhairi to take a 5 ft. "step" and full attack, so I've added the starknife attack.

Next up, Edmond and Ignatius.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Dr. Si]Not sure if you gave the Hag an AoO due to Manachan's grapple attempt; if so, he's got Improved Grapple, which prevents just such a thing :D[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: I was waiting for Neurotic, but I think I will just post my action and it can be adjudicated in the correct order...

Ignatius frowns slightly, but inside he is smiling. Play if you wish, fiend, but I am the spider and you are the fly. I can keep this up all day...

The ifrit does his best to ignore his wounds and raises his weapon and shield to prepare for the next round of this " joust " .

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond tries the same trick he killed the shark with. 'Deathwail' sparkles and literally screams through the water leaving the trail of bubbles, hitting the hag in the neck. The blood erupts from the wound, muddying already murky water, not even the burning of the spell managing to stem the flow.

EDIT: WOW! Two 20s and max damage! This will hurt with x3 weapon...spell damage is 14 lightning, weapon does 14x3 = 42 for total of 56 :)

[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], sorry for the delay, got slammed on friday with preparation for New Year business year translation and inventories...and over the weekend I was busy with ...well, New Year :)

Happy New Year everyone, may all the dice fall just right for you :D

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Not to worry Neurotic, I've only just got regular net access again myself.

Remarkably, the hag is still alive, albeit horribly wounded. Edmond's footing was not quite good enough to really power the attack home. Raising her trident before her to fend off attacks, she retreats into the dark corner of the sideways cabin.

Meanwhile the shark continues to circle Ignatius, again grazing him with its teeth but receiving a couple of glancing strikes in return. It now leaks blood from a myriad of small cuts.

[sblock=OOC]
Edmond - because he failed his Swim check he only (!) causes half weapon damage, for 21 damage plus 14 electricity in total.

Ignatius - Swim check 18+0=18, may attack without penalty. Morningstar attack 18+5=23, hits for 1d8+2=3 damage.

Shark - Bite attack on Ignatius hits for 11 damage, provokes AoO from movement.

Ignatius - AoO 17+5=22, hits for 1d8+2=5 damage.

Hag - Withdraw from combat.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Shipwreck 5.jpg
    Shipwreck 5.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 44

Remove ads