Dracula-themed D&D 5e & Mythcraft Supplement on Kickstarter

Timothy F.

Villager
QuasiReal Publishing started a new Kickstarter to follow up their successful Mythcraft ttrpg Kickstarter from last year.

This one is for a Castlevania inspired campaign, with books for both D&D 5e and Mythcraft. (These will be separate books).

Jessica Hancock covered Mythcraft on an episode of Not DnD.

Here's a link to the Kickstarter:

Veil of the Eternal Night: Dark Fantasy for 5e and MythCraft, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/project...or-5e-and-mythcraft?ref=android_project_share

Timothy F.

Villager
With 20 days left to go, the Kickstarter has unlocked multiple stretch goals!

There will be lots of content and extras for 5e and their own Mythcraft system!

dead

Explorer
I don’t often back many Kickstarters. (They’re usually over by the time I find out about them, to be honest…)

But I was intrigued by this one. It’s now in the final hours. (Only 8 hours to go…)

The publisher is new on the scene with only one other Kickstarter - the Mythcraft RPG.

I had a skim over the production values of Mythcraft and it is OK but the art seems hit and miss and jarring in style sometimes - and maybe a bit sparse in their monster manual.

I’m pretty sure I’ll still back this new project - Veil of the Eternal Night - but I was wondering if anyone has play tested the Mythcraft rules out there and what do you think of it?

Timothy F.

Villager
Howdy!

I've been playing Mythcraft via pbp, and it's enjoyable!

It uses a d20 mechanic similar to 5e, but is geared toward player customization.

They've posted the core rules on their wiki.

Timothy F.

Villager
You have various lineages (species/heritages) to choose from, and you get to select fearures as you advance, so your character's lineage choice matters at higher levels.

For your "class" each level you select a talent to customize your character further.

Magic uses Spell Points instead of slots, which is nice.

Timothy F.

Villager
20240301_051134.jpg

Timothy F.

Villager
The Kickstarter successfully wrapped!

For those interested in Myythcraft, I posted a link to their wiki.

They also have a website/storefromy (search mythcraft rpg), and the pdfs of the core books are on drivethrurpg.

Remove ads