Dragon #335: Wow. It was relevant!

Shadowdancer

First Post
Mercule said:
Actually, no.

I actually somewhat resent the fact that I have to shell out for another magazine just to get information on the modules I bought in Dungeon.

And I resent having to shell out for another magazine just to use the information in the articles in Dragon which I subscribe to, and have since the mid-80s.

Glyfair

Explorer
Honestly, I'm suprised at the dislike of specific setting material vs. generic setting material. I don't use the Forgotten Realms and have never used the Forgotten Realms. That doesn't mean I can't use some of the information in the article elsewhere.

A generic article almost requires a certain amount of customization to fit into another campaign setting (whether it's another published setting, or a homebrew). So, the need to do that with a specific campaign article doesn't seem too much to expect. Sure, you are probably modifying different things, but it's usually about the same amount of work.

Greg K

Legend
Mercule said:
Hmm... That's unfortunate, and I disagree with the basic premise. One of the lures of D&D is that it doesn't include a setting. In over twenty years of gaming, I can't say using a prepared setting has ever added value to my game. At best, they are neutral.

I agree with you completely.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
I neglected to renew my subscription a few months ago, and I can't really say I've missed much. There's just so little in there lately that I like when I see a friend's copy.

Brad

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Mercule said:
Actually, no.

I actually somewhat resent the fact that I have to shell out for another magazine just to get information on the modules I bought in Dungeon.

Actually, you really don't need that info, and if Dragon didn't carry it, you wouldn't be getting it anyway, in all likelihood. It's just some nice extras that dovetail the two mags together, that, as far as I can see, could be used independently.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
If Dragon and Dungeon EVER created an issue every single gamer loved, I think most gamers would explode without the usual topic to complain and rant and fume over. ;)

Mercule said:
jester47 said:
It makes sense that dungeon and dragon articles should be symbiotic.

Actually, no.

Perhaps complementary would be a better term than symbiotic

I think having articles that complement each other, while not relying on each other is certainly a good idea.

Duncan

Remove ads