• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon 353 came early!

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Kobold Avenger said:
And aren't incubi just succubi? Identical stats except that they're male.

they're very similar, but do have some distinct differences. they were originally statted in Dragon #54, in which they had more HD, a faster speed, energy drain on a claw attack (instead of kiss), but they lack the charm, suggestion, and detect thoughts of a succubus.

don't know if James converted from that source or came up with something of his own, though.

http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/view_c.php?CreatureID=896

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Incubi are apparently not as powerful as succubi, as their CR is only 3 (and, among other things, their Cha is only 20, the ugly brutes)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
frankthedm said:
Kopru mmmmm...

Looks like Paizohawk is steadily becoming Mystara :D

Bargle [basic box]
Lost city [b4]
Isle of dread [x1]

Perhaps the next adventure path will center on Hule?
I'd rather it started at Karameikos, swung through the Broken Lands on the way to Glantri, and then headed into the icy north. That's really the only sort of environment we haven't seen in an Adventure Path. Once there, of course, it'd be down in through the hole at the pole and into the Hollow World. :)

James Jacobs

Adventurer
The incubus in the Malcanthet article is more or less a brand new critter, even though it's certainly not the only time they've appeared in D&D (or d20, for that matter). This incubus is a weaker version of the Monster Manual succubus, but unlike succubi (as they're depicted in the Monster Manual, at least), these incubi generally advance via class levels.

The article talks a little bit about what makes an incubus different from a succubus in male form, but the gist is that succubi use seduction while incubi use force to do their thing.

Razz

Banned
Banned
Yes, all these people that have the magazine but can't divulge its secrets. Don't be such a tease! :p

So, James, any news you can give us on when we can see the other half of the modrons? Sometime soon, I hope. :D

Shemeska

Adventurer
Whoever posts the table of contents of this issue first, I'll buy a drink for at GenCon this year. I want to see what all is in this issue given the theme, and I'm in a generous mood (or fuzzy minded from low blood sugar, one of the two, so take advantage of the situation regardless).

And Alzrius, if you post your review first before anything else, which you usually do, I'll buy you a $5 soda from the mini bar this year ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads